sharetrader
Page 576 of 971 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 9702

superfund buying not really moving the market?
    one step ahead of the herd

Their 'style' would almost certainly be "absorb selling", not to reach for offers with urgency. And IMO, almost everything they do will be off-market (code SP for NZX reporting)

looks like it wants to test the bottom of the range
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Their 'style' would almost certainly be "absorb selling", not to reach for offers with urgency. And IMO, almost everything they do will be off-market (code SP for NZX reporting)
    Bang on the money I reckon.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Interesting there's been a 9% slide in share value over the past 30 days; is there a fundamental reason for this, or are we still seeing election jitters in the market as a whole?

Weak sentiment in the sector due to lower forecast immigration possibly impacting the medium term price of housing I would say.
    At present the following companies are trading at these percentages relative to their one month high.
    SUM 92%
    RYM 95%
    OCA 91%
    MET 95%
    ARV 94%
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks for that Beagle, that puts the sector into some perspective.

I have noticed the 50-day EMA heading towards the 200-day EMA, so I continue to keep a close eye on this.

Anyone here buying at these prices?

I'm reducing my exposure to the SM, but nut selling SUM at these prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post

Not selling, but not buying either. I see SUM as a solid long term hold, but it could be pretty flat for a while yet. The interesting thing is they've had some great announcements in the last year but it hasn't done any favours to the SP due to the concerns about the property market and construction delays.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post

I adjusted our retirement sector holdings a few weeks ago,selling a few SUM and OCA.Already had "free ones" with RYM,which we held,back to near "free ones" with SUM, and have reduced our average cost of OCA."Well positioned."
    I too think the sector will tread water for awhile, before the fundamentals drive it back on an upward trajectory.
    I also think the worry of a property slow down,will turn out to be just that,a worry,which will prove to be unfounded.
    And yes I will allocated more funds into the sector,but I do not know when that will be.Just not sure what affect rising interest rates will have on the sector,should they start to rise late next year.