sharetrader
Page 578 of 971 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 9701
    Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Three excellent companies.
    You must find it hard trying to get your balance correct.
    Sure is difficult, but I have decided for the next 8 months or so to spend less time on researching and following shares, (got an addition to the family so priorities have shifted). I will just continue to accumulate when funds available on my big 4 (RYM, EBO, SUM, TRA) until I start getting some time again. I think these 4 (imo) dont require a lot of my time. I will still spend my usual hrs on ST lol

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I have reduced THL and bought SUM. Will also reduce RBD in favour of SUM. Not that I believe that THL and RBD are over priced but more along the lines that for the long term I have to constantly watch THL and RBD news, but I feel long term SUM is less of a bother for me constantly watching the SP and announcements etc.
    I have just done the opposite, I sold my SUM and bought more THL I maybe wrong but I think SUM may continue to drift lower for a while. If they do I will probably buy SUM more but I see better short term value in THL at the moment. Knowing me SUM will go up and THL will go down now!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Sure is difficult, but I have decided for the next 8 months or so to spend less time on researching and following shares, (got an addition to the family so priorities have shifted). I will just continue to accumulate when funds available on my big 4 (RYM, EBO, SUM, TRA) until I start getting some time again. I think these 4 (imo) dont require a lot of my time. I will still spend my usual hrs on ST lol
    Looks as though you are "well positioned" with family and shares.!
    Well done with the family addition,[and the share selection]..
    Last edited by percy; 05-11-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I have just done the opposite, I sold my SUM and bought more THL I maybe wrong but I think SUM may continue to drift lower for a while. If they do I will probably buy SUM more but I see better short term value in THL at the moment. Knowing me SUM will go up and THL will go down now!
    Funny you say that mate. It was only a few days ago and they both closed at $4.92 and I was going to do another one of my silly polls comparing two completely different shares in two completely different sectors asking which one would perform the best over the next year....thing is I couldn't make up my mind. I like SUM long term but I suspect short term you have probably backed the right horse for the next year with a possible Chinese takeover but I will continue to have a bob or three each way I think the market is trying to tell us they might not make their target of 450 this year.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-11-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I think the market is trying to tell us they might not make their target of 450 this year.
    Jeez if they don’t make 450 new units there will be a massive market reaction ...maybe like what happened with Metro Glass

It’s been a ‘promise’ made time and time again
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez if they don’t make 450 new units there will be a massive market reaction ...maybe like what happened with Metro Glass

It’s been a ‘promise’ made time and time again
    No worries. They are going to do it easy, cause they always do... the something like 48% growth rate Beagle loves to trumpet can only continue (although this years quarterly reports, and the company's own profit guidance would suggest otherwise)

Never mind whats coming up, like building pressures continuing (getting worse?), house prices slowing, or interest rates rising - take comfort from the almighty near 50% growth rate, which, to quote Beagle just under 2 weeks ago, is soon to be 6 years - so crack another bottle of champagne open instead! (I appreciate it is Sunday, so maybe save it till next week?)

And if they were to do the unthinkable, that is miss the 450 target, we would be significantly lower than the current $4.80... SUM only down a fraction (1%) since this time last year, when it was 'well known' (I thought) that they would do 450 units this year (and national was a shoe in for a 4th term), so if they were to miss it, or if the market (really) thought they were going to miss it, I think there would be sum chance the share price would drift down to $4 sooner rather than later.

On another note, SUM, as at today, is the worst performer of the 4 listed entities this past year (didn't count OCA "the new dog" as it hasn't been listed for the whole year) - wait, you telling me "the original dog" ARV is going to beat SUM for a 2nd or is it 3rd year in a row? No worries, next year is the year, right? ARV is Arvida Group Ltd and OCA is Oceania Healthcare Ltd - both in retirement, listed on the NZX and Oceania is even on the ASX - just a quick mention as I think some on this thread still don't know who these companies are, yet.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 05-11-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Probably just the hound feeling a bit down about SUM shares, don't worry Julian has indeed reiterated that promise several times and a substantial underlying profit increase he made earlier this year has not been guidance that has been rescinded either. SUM shares are more frustrating to own at present than some others but in long term this is a license to print money.

Ignoring T.J.'s deep cynicism directly above who obviously had a worse weekend than me lol
    P.S. The post above is so obviously incorrect, for one thing everyone knows Beagle's don't trumpet, they bark or howl
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-11-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Probably just the hound feeling a bit down about SUM shares, don't worry Julian has indeed reiterated that promise several times and a substantial underlying profit increase he made earlier this year has not been guidance that has been rescinded either. SUM shares are more frustrating to own at present than some others but in long term this is a license to print money.

Ignoring T.J.'s deep cynicism directly above who obviously had a worse weekend than me lol
    P.S. The post above is so obviously incorrect, for one thing everyone knows Beagle's don't trumpet, they bark or howl
    In the long term sum, actually all (in my view) listed retirement companies (including the original dog and new) are "well positioned" to print money.

My apologies, they do bark and howl - sometimes so much so that it is deafening and one can no longer think clearly

I'm fully cognisant of the fact that not everyone is going to like the Beagle or his style of barking and I am not concerned one iota about that.
    I do agree however that this license to print money is not something exclusively held by SUM.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-11-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Banned

I'm fully cognisant of the fact that not everyone is going to like the Beagle or his style of barking and I am not concerned one iota about that.
    I do agree however that this license to print money is not something exclusively held by SUM.
    As we all know mate, SUM people like to put others down and use their old posts against them, I guess it makes them feel important and a cut above the rest of us.