sharetrader
Page 602 of 970 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652702 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    1 share going through at $6.99 at 14:54
    They must get good deals on the bro.

Advanced Member

End of the month balancing I think. Many others are also going up

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    End of the month balancing I think. Many others are also going up
    Things just go nuts at this time of day / month.

update on the property market: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/101...gional-centres

although things looking flat, don't think it'll have much impact on SUM/RYM unless the ar$e falls out of it completely.

plenty of demand out there. still 10-20 parties going through most of the open homes I am visiting and limited stock around.

tailwinds still alive and well.

filthy

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    update on the property market: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/101...gional-centres

although things looking flat, don't think it'll have much impact on SUM/RYM unless the ar$e falls out of it completely.

plenty of demand out there. still 10-20 parties going through most of the open homes I am visiting and limited stock around.

tailwinds still alive and well.

filthy
    Hi filthy. Welcome to ST.

From an affordability perspective, residents currently free up significant amounts of capital when they move into a village so there remains plenty of price-headroom for incoming residence. For example, the current median Auckland house price would need to drop from $1.2million to $900k before a transition into a SUM/RYM retirement unit becomes breakeven. I can't see house prices falling 25%.

But on top of that, and most importantly, elderly people move into a retirement village based on health needs and security, rather than what the housing market is doing.

And further still, demand for SUM/RYM and the likes will be greater than supply for the foreseeable future given NZ's age-demographics. As such, people will take a capital hit, if they have to, on transitioning into a retirement village in NZ.

Based on the above, I believe the property market has no impact at all on SUM/RYM's businesses.

This has been shown to be true when looking at the historical results of these companies compared to what the property market has been doing.

Advanced Member

Start of the month and down she goes........ I must follow these patterns and sell at the end of the month and buy in the new month

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Start of the month and down she goes........ I must follow these patterns and sell at the end of the month and buy in the new month
    Sounds bad right? Down down down
    Then you realize it is basically, give or take a cent, the same price it was at the start of this week and that maybe yesterdays unusual spike was just that - unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Sounds bad right? Down down down
    Then you realize it is basically, give or take a cent, the same price it was at the start of this week and that maybe yesterdays unusual spike was just that - unusual.
    It had to go down or RYM had to go up.. whatever it takes to ensure the SP phenomena of SUM x 2 = RYM, aye Couta

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    It had to go down or RYM had to go up.. whatever it takes to ensure the SP phenomena of SUM x 2 = RYM, aye Couta
    ....and OCA x 10 = RYM is becoming a pretty good rule of thumb

Algebra then gives OCA x 5 = SUM

Spooky eh possums as Mr P used to say
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    That's the one, reversion to the mean is the force.