sharetrader
Page 62 of 971 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast

Couta, I really think you need to understand yourself as a trader or an investor?
    I would never be a trader, because I haven't studied technical analysis to the bones. So for me or yourself trying to predict the market, we will get burnt... N i have been burnt.
    If you are investing in value companies and you have done your FA, then don't worry about the 1-2% swings, or even 10% swings..
    May I ask how long have you been investing for? It sounds like you've been investing for at least 3 years plus? If so, you should be accommodated to the daily SP swings...

Couta, I really think you need to understand yourself as a trader or an investor?
    I would never be a trader, because I haven't studied technical analysis to the bones. So for me or yourself trying to predict the market, we will get burnt... N i have been burnt.
    If you are investing in value companies and you have done your FA, then don't worry about the 1-2% swings, or even 10% swings..
    May I ask how long have you been investing for? It sounds like you've been investing for at least 3 years plus? If so, you should be accommodated to the daily SP swings...

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Cyclist - may I suggest you research how Ryman did during the last property fall in 2008. I don't know the answer but as a listed co, it would be easy to find out. I understand it did alright.
    looks like highest point was for 2008 was 15th sept $1.90 and dropped to $1.14 26th Feb 2009.

Banned

Black Knot, I was under a broker for 3 years and had a good range of fixed interest and reset investments with a very good average interest rate i purchased a few shares through them and did well but wasn't happy paying the steeper fees so switched to DB and converted most of my fixed interest etc into shares as I saw more potential and have been learning some good lessons the hard way, Percy I have considered your comment and its not something I'm going to rule out if I cashed up now I'd still walk away with 830k but my wife is very happy to have a large chunk of our money in retirement village stock but the question is can I leave it at that with my personality type? Baller thanks for your email

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Black Knot, I was under a broker for 3 years and had a good range of fixed interest and reset investments with a very good average interest rate i purchased a few shares through them and did well but wasn't happy paying the steeper fees so switched to DB and converted most of my fixed interest etc into shares as I saw more potential and have been learning some good lessons the hard way, Percy I have considered your comment and its not something I'm going to rule out if I cashed up now I'd still walk away with 830k but my wife is very happy to have a large chunk of our money in retirement village stock but the question is can I leave it at that with my personality type? Baller thanks for your email
    It worries me a little that while I think your nodding your head to some of the comments on here I really don't think you understand the realities of what your doing - your gambling.

If you make money, its purely accidental, but will you realise that?
    or will it continue to support bad behaviours and uneducated guesses about stock movements.

Why not lock down like 90% of your portfolio back into a well diversified bundle, and then play with 10% while you learn. Read up on TA if that's what you want to use and definitely look into using stop-losses.

Singlehandedly you've made me reassess where I think the market might be up to, I think maybe your an early adopter of a bunch more people piling into shares misinformed and out for the 'quick wins' shares can bring.

I don't mean to be harsh but your posts are painful to read knowing the mess your in.

ADDITION: But I really do appreciate your honesty, maybe a wake up call for a few new people on here to the realities of 'trading'.
    Last edited by Mista_Trix; 21-11-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Empathetic ending

Banned

Mistake Trix, Thanks no more rash moves for me now just have to sit on my Dil Ttk and Peb red arrows for now don't want any more loss Dil is my worst at 40% down like I said I could sell up and walk away with 830k but want to wait and see what happens with Dil etc not keen on realising any more loss at the moment so stuck in jail on some of these stocks right now,any advice I get will tell me to sell or hold and I guess who knows which is the right decision, happy to hold Sum though of course.

Banned

Sorry Mista Trix not mistake

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Sorry Mista Trix not mistake
    Oh trust me there's been a few Mistaken Trix along the way :-S

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemc View Post
    looks like highest point was for 2008 was 15th sept $1.90 and dropped to $1.14 26th Feb 2009.
    But did it effect the underlying company or just that people sold down since it was a land company? ie. was their operating profit still growing, what did their build rate do? No doubt they took the opportunity to buy some cheap land?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    But did it effect the underlying company or just that people sold down since it was a land company? ie. was their operating profit still growing, what did their build rate do? No doubt they took the opportunity to buy some cheap land?
    Rym profit fell from 77m in 2008 to 61m in 2009