sharetrader
Page 623 of 970 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And beagle was looking forward to fly Jetstar

Will be voting against that Ogden guy being re-elected. Been there long enough and hasn’t been the ‘luckiest ‘ of Directors of late and wouldn’t want him to curse Sum
    Nice for a change. Will have to have an Auckland get together instead. Come on folks....just a cheap return flight on AIR and you've got that wonderful Antarctica safety video to enjoy twice in one day.

Behind the paywall article on NBR today suggesting huge demand for retirement village living for the next 25 years and insufficient supply !
    25 year tailwinds in this sector and a company with an average growth rate of 45% and a current year PE of less than 16...making long term capital gains doesn't get an easier than this !
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-03-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

They better increase land bank in the Florida of NZ then - BOP very under represented

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    They better increase land bank in the Florida of NZ then - BOP very under represented
    And lets hope the proposed foreign buyers ban, if it gets through Parliament, will not tie things up for the retirement village operators. The report referred to in the NBR article expects increase in the over 75 population to be 164% nationwide and 205% in Auckland from now until 2043, requiring 1654 new units every single year. Since 2012 the growth rate in villages being built has been 12%.
    The future demand is incredible.
    Last edited by iceman; 22-03-2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    With Roto-vegas and Tau--lando, the BoP village guards should be packing heat.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And lets hope the proposed foreign buyers ban, if it gets through Parliament, will not tie things up for the retirement village operators. The report referred to in the NBR article expects increase in the over 75 population to increase 164% nationwide and 205% in Auckland from now until 2043, requiring 1654 new units every single year. Since 2012 the growth rate in villages being built has been 12%.
    Which is why I am a happy holder of RYM and SUM.

Personally I think this and prior governments have got it wrong. National focused on a non-existent housing problem and Labour are focussing on Affordable Housing.

The solution in my mind is to focus solely on the retirement accommodation sector, incentivising "older" people into these housing opportunities and thus freeing up existing properties. I am very comfortable in the view no government will currently do this so your basic demand / supply economics remain in play - making RYM and SUM dead certs (or as close to a dead cert as you are likely to find)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Nice for a change. Will have to have an Auckland get together instead. Come on folks....just a cheap return flight on AIR and you've got that wonderful Antarctica safety video to enjoy twice in one day.

Behind the paywall article on NBR today suggesting huge demand for retirement village living for the next 25 years and insufficient supply !
    25 year tailwinds in this sector and a company with an average growth rate of 45% and a current year PE of less than 16...making long term capital gains doesn't get an easier than this !
    I was hoping to happen in WLG, will have to arrange flights now, hopefully there is any good price there.

And lets hope the proposed foreign buyers ban, if it gets through Parliament, will not tie things up for the retirement village operators. The report referred to in the NBR article expects increase in the over 75 population to be 164% nationwide and 205% in Auckland from now until 2043, requiring 1654 new units every single year. Since 2012 the growth rate in villages being built has been 12%.
    Based on those growth rates the 2040 demand will be exceeded by supply around 2020? Time to sell?!

Disc: sum is my largest holding and has been for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Based on those growth rates the 2040 demand will be exceeded by supply around 2020? Time to sell?!

Surely not everyone moving into retirement living is over 75... also, life expectancy is expected to rise steadily meaning they will be there for longer.

I only saw Auckland in that tidbit.
    Last edited by hardt; 22-03-2018 at 11:35 AM.

That's the key...the tailwinds in this sector are very strong and very durable.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Which is why I am a happy holder of RYM and SUM.

RYM and SUM dead certs (or as close to a dead cert as you are likely to find)
    As certain as you will EVER find in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Congrats, my second biggest holding second only to ATM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Congrats, my second biggest holding second only to ATM.
    ATM put me in a position where I had to double down. SML I had to Double Double down. SUM didnt, so its in third spot in holdings ranks behind those other two.