sharetrader
Page 625 of 971 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635675725 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 9701
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    The retirement village companies will be reluctant to provide accommodation for the 65-70 age group, let alone the 55+ cohort. Their business model is built around the "turnover" of the 70+ occupants. You'll need to find some other developer for the 55+ folk's needs.
    Correct, in fact if a couple are not both 70, they can't buy an independent unit now, used to be more leeway a few years ago, if one was under 70.

Hudsonville waterfront unit shown in this report looks really good. Seen it in person too. Idyllic spot. $1.6m though. See page Page 6. Can imagine I'd be quite content there to put my feet up with a couple of dogs and a few beverages enjoying the north facing sunny views.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-03-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hudsonville waterfront unit shown in this report looks really good. Seen it in person too. Idyllic spot. $1.6m though. See page Page 6. Can imagine I'd be quite content there to put my feet up with a couple of dogs and a few beverages enjoying the north facing sunny views.
    does the beauty of the place equate to wonderful service as well, im been reading all these horror news stories this weekend about rest homes etc so wondering not just about summerset but all the others when it comes to service , does it exist or is it a fancy brouchure

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12016995

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12018808
    one step ahead of the herd

Must be a slow news week, Herald once a year seem to have this campaign they start against rest homes. Satisfaction rates in care suites and independent living apartments according to SUM in their annual report are up fro 94% in 2016 to 97% in 2017.
    Sensationalism sells newspapers. NZME turning the Herald into a shabby little tabloid...shame as I own some NZME shares
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Must be a slow news week, Herald once a year seem to have this campaign they start against rest homes. Satisfaction rates in care suites and independent living apartments according to SUM in their annual report are up fro 94% in 2016 to 97% in 2017.
    Sensationalism sells newspapers. NZME turning the Herald into a shabby little tabloid...shame as I own some NZME shares
    Not a shame for NZM shareholders .....good stories, more clicks and all that sort of stuff

And they have Kate and Mike to keep things pumping
    Last edited by winner69; 26-03-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I know Julian and the team are very proud of their innovative dementia care facility for which they won an award and will be rolling this out across all their villages.
    https://www.summerset.co.nz/living-a...t/memory-care/
    Seeing my father gradually decline, (years ago, time heals the pain), in an old style dementia facility where service standards were marginal at best (RYM Orewa) I think SUM's approach is a wonderful innovation for patients.
    Just want to acknowledge Couta1's efforts here in consistently talking to senior management at annual meetings and other times about the need for high quality dementia care.
    Also the board has some excellent expertise in this area with Dr Marie Bismark who I am sure played a vital role in getting this fresh approach in dementia care right.
    For anyone that doesn't know I can assure you that watching one of your parents slowly succumb to this cruel debilitating disease and then pass away is a very tough thing to endure over the years. Anything that a retirement village can do to make it more tolerable for patients and their loved ones is a great thing and very welcome.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-03-2018 at 10:32 AM.

I know Julian and the team are very proud of their innovative dementia care facility for which they won an award and will be rolling this out across all their villages.
    https://www.summerset.co.nz/living-a...t/memory-care/
    Seeing my father gradually decline, (years ago, time heals the pain), in an old style dementia facility where service standards were marginal at best (RYM Orewa) I think SUM's approach is a wonderful innovation for patients.
    Just want to acknowledge Couta1's efforts here in consistently talking to senior management at annual meetings and other times about the need for high quality dementia care.
    Also the board has some excellent expertise in this area with Dr Marie Bismark who I am sure played a vital role in getting this fresh approach in dementia care right.
    For anyone that doesn't know I can assure you that watching one of your parents slowly succumb to this cruel debilitating disease and then pass away is a very tough thing to endure over the years. Anything that a retirement village can do to make it more tolerable for patients and their loved ones is a great thing and very welcome.
    Good to see them take this approach for all new villages. Sorry to hear of your experience Beagle, we are just beginning this journey with my wife's mother, unfortunately in Australia so distance makes it both a little easier and harder, if you know what I mean.
    Have to hope RYM and ARV will go this track as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybuffett View Post
    Good to see them take this approach for all new villages. Sorry to hear of your experience Beagle, we are just beginning this journey with my wife's mother, unfortunately in Australia so distance makes it both a little easier and harder, if you know what I mean.
    Have to hope RYM and ARV will go this track as well.
    Thanks jimmy and welcome to the forum. Its a tough journey, was about 5 years ago now but remembered quite vividly.
    As you say, it would be great if the other retirement companies look to innovate in this way.
    Give your wife lots of support. Yes easier and harder at the same time. Best wishes.

Banned

The independent dementia units are only suitable for a small number of dementia sufferers, a lot of sufferers found in any of the dementia units, no matter the company, would be unable to reside successfully in one of these units for a variety of reasons, some obvious and some not so.

Did I see $7.03 at close? First time ever ... a record close .....and on a big down day on the NZX

Well we can look forward to 8 bucks by Christmas now
    Last edited by winner69; 26-03-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”