sharetrader
Page 626 of 970 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636676726 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The independent dementia units are only suitable for a small number of dementia sufferers, a lot of sufferers found in any of the dementia units, no matter the company, would be unable to reside successfully in one of these units for a variety of reasons, some obvious and some not so.
    It would be good if you could elaborate on the reasons Couta. I have had no experience of dementia (yet) and hence no real knowledge so have no understanding as to why the units would only be suitable for a small number of patients.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Did I see $7.03 at close? First time ever ... a record close .....and on a big down day on the NZX

Well we can look forward to 8 bucks by Christmas now
    Happy with my target of $9.43 12 months out. Market starting to appreciate that SUM stocks are going to perform and grow really well regardless of the possibility of any so called trade war between the Chinese and American's. Looking forward to the annual meeting to get a bit more colour on how things are going and have a chat with senior management and directors. Might try and pick there brains on how they see their prospects in Australia too.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

yes indeed a good performance on a down day is a great sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Happy with my target of $9.43 12 months out. Market starting to appreciate that SUM stocks are going to perform and grow really well regardless of the possibility of any so called trade war between the Chinese and American's. Looking forward to the annual meeting to get a bit more colour on how things are going and have a chat with senior management and directors. Might try and pick there brains on how they see their prospects in Australia too.
    Classic - never say an old dog can't learn new tricks ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    It would be good if you could elaborate on the reasons Couta. I have had no experience of dementia (yet) and hence no real knowledge so have no understanding as to why the units would only be suitable for a small number of patients.
    Number one reason would be cost, buying a Licence to Occupy for a family member who on average only has a couple of years to live is a large barrier for family members, especially those who don't want to loose at least 25% of their inheritance,sad but a fact of life. That leads me to another reason, some dementia residents have a bent toward destruction of material things and any damage done to their unit would have to be paid for by the family or be added to the 25% fee(I've seen solid bolted handrails destroyed by some residents) Another reason is many dementia sufferers are happier in a more confined space, they feel safer and less anxious. Other things you may not know are that the independent units are not closed off from the standard dementia unit, although the sensors are set at night time. Also the kitchen in each are not real in the sense of having working electrical equipment or running water, bit like a dolls house.

Advanced Member

Number one reason would be cost, buying a Licence to Occupy for a family member who on average only has a couple of years to live is a large barrier for family members, especially those who don't want to loose at least 25% of their inheritance,sad but a fact of life. That leads me to another reason, some dementia residents have a bent toward destruction of material things and any damage done to their unit would have to be paid for by the family or be added to the 25% fee(I've seen solid bolted handrails destroyed by some residents) Another reason is many dementia sufferers are happier in a more confined space, they feel safer and less anxious. Other things you may not know are that the independent units are not closed off from the standard dementia unit, although the sensors are set at night time. Also the kitchen in each are not real in the sense of having working electrical equipment or running water, bit like a dolls house.
    Couta , do SUM have a scaled fee per year ? Ie: If you live in it 5 years or longer you take a 25 % haircut on license resale . However if you live "on average a couple of years " the haircut might only be 8-10- % ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Couta , do SUM have a scaled fee per year ? Ie: If you live in it 5 years or longer you take a 25 % haircut on license resale . However if you live "on average a couple of years " the haircut might only be 8-10- % ?
    After 3 years you get the full 25% haircut, I haven't got the sliding scale percentage on-hand but I know it's not a great reduction.

Thanks Couta

Increases in fees fixed to increases in NZ Superannuation
    We guarantee that increases in Weekly Fees and Service Package charges cannot exceed increases in NZ Superannuation.
    Interesting, off their website...who knew that ? Super is adjusted for inflation each year so in real terms people have fixed fees for life. Some cunning hound might have suggested that approach.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interesting, off their website...who knew that ? Super is adjusted for inflation each year so in real terms people have fixed fees for life. Some cunning hound might have suggested that approach.
    And Jacinda is giving them $800 every winter to keep their cosy units warm. Neat eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”