sharetrader
Page 642 of 970 FirstFirst ... 142542592632638639640641642643644645646652692742 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 9700

Got the latest issue of Summerset's new magazine Summerset Scene today. Really enjoying seeing them develop their brand with this nice free quarterly magazine, but enjoying the share price climbing even more. Very pleased I held through the long dark days of the election and the aftermath. It was a cold and bitter day in November 2017 when I remember them trading at $4.60..the technical support level's had been breeched and I resolved to myself to simply hang on in there like a nauseous and sick dog clinging on to its bone no matter what may come. Thank goodness that's as bleak as it got and the old saying of its always darkest before the dawn came to pass yet again. 7 months later and its up ~ 63% from that grim day I remember so vividly.

Moral of this story...never blindly follow TA signal's when you really believe in the company, its business case, the management, directors and last but certainly not least, the fundamental's. $9+ by this time next year, remember who called it as that
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-06-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

i remember that day as well and a similar sentiment, however lets not forget that TA would have put you back in as well, probably in December. You may have missed the beginning of the gain but the long signal would follow soon enough to capitalise.

The Queen not a SSH any more ...until next week probably

My advice to Her Majesty is to get some decent fund managers who don’t play around with shares in your portfolio. As you know with good things you just keep on hanging in there eh to ensure longevity and superior returns

https://quoteapi.com/resources/da986...RRG2Yzf0G1Vdh4
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Queen not a SSH any more ...until next week probably
    something fishy?
    otherwise why bother selling less than 200k shares to put yourself under the 5%?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    something fishy?
    otherwise why bother selling less than 200k shares to put yourself under the 5%?
    Rebalanced their cash account so not too exposed in one share.... buy up into another share. Sell off previous DRIP shares that increased in value as well. Using cash to fund new car fleet going forward... good question

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    something fishy?
    Yeah, perhaps they've done it so that they don't have to announce when they sell down by a more substantial amount, allowing them to do it slowly and without spooking investors? But then why wouldn't they sell high volume to an institutional investor, I suppose they'd get a better price this way?

Then again, could be simple rebalancing after the recent SP rise.

Regardless, happy holder.

The Queens not doing anything sneaky

Just one of the funds external managers sold a few and when they added up what they held it was just below 5% and they told us

Probably be over 5% again soon

You guys think about things too much and look for things that aren’t there
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Queens not doing anything sneaky

Just one of the funds external managers sold a few and when they added up what they held it was just below 5% and they told us

Probably be over 5% again soon

Agree 100%. There's SUM things in life you simply don't need to worry about.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Probably do, there's lots of rationalising ones decisions here (cognitive bias), but I reckon the most vociferous (who are bluntly obvious, despite their probably lonely days as bored - almost/semi/retired with nought else to do than post here constantly every day), they are also the most nimble, the best informed, the most experienced here, and they are also out the exit door at the slightest whiff of any downside (even in their darlings), regardless of months or even years of spruiking support, and cleverly they're back in at the slightest whiff of a bottom, profit or dividend, regardless of their previous slagging or down-ramping, before the majority even realises the circumstances have changed! Fickle, clever, but that's the market isn't it. They're the ones that the dumb money is transferring their wealth to, they're the smart money. No point really questioning how they go about it, it takes lifetime to develop a system that works (mostly) consistently. A few here have it nailed, even if they think about it a bit too much, let alone talk about it incessantly. Bless them, it's what makes this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Probably do, there's lots of rationalising ones decisions here (cognitive bias), but I reckon the most vociferous (who are bluntly obvious, despite their probably lonely days as bored - almost/semi/retired with nought else to do than post here constantly every day), they are also the most nimble, the best informed, the most experienced here, and they are also out the exit door at the slightest whiff of any downside (even in their darlings), regardless of months or even years of spruiking support, and cleverly they're back in at the slightest whiff of a bottom, profit or dividend, regardless of their previous slagging or down-ramping, before the majority even realises the circumstances have changed! Fickle, clever, but that's the market isn't it. They're the ones that the dumb money is transferring their wealth to, they're the smart money. No point really questioning how they go about it, it takes lifetime to develop a system that works (mostly) consistently. A few here have it nailed, even if they think about it a bit too much, let alone talk about it incessantly. Bless them, it's what makes this place.
    The place would be like a morgue if the dozen or so lead posters here stopped yapping as much and the hundreds of freeloaders that never post would have no tip sheet to read