sharetrader
Page 644 of 970 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 6,431 to 6,440 of 9700
    Banned

I think you guys have misinterpreted my post, clearly neither of you are freeloaders as you both have post counts, freeloaders are those who have been members for years and never contributed but mainly the multitude that view this forum with no intention of ever joining up. There are many that have helped me during my time on here and I'm very thankful to them. PS-I also agree with Beagle, take out the top 20 most frequent posters and the place would be a cemetery Lol.
    Last edited by couta1; 12-06-2018 at 09:05 PM.

If someone is new to the investment game then they may not have much to offer and probably don’t post for that reason. A lot of new investors would be learning a lot from this forum. The 20 odd regular contributors are doing every body a great service. Greatly appreciated by this cat.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I think you guys have misinterpreted my post, clearly neither of you are freeloaders as you both have post counts, freeloaders are those who have been members for years and never contributed but mainly the multitude that view this forum with no intention of ever joining up. There are many that have helped me during my time on here and I'm very thankful to them. PS-I also agree with Beagle, take out the top 20 most frequent posters and the place would be a cemetery Lol.
    Thanks Couta, just wanted to say I appreciate all posters, including you and Beagle. However, to my mind it is dangerous if we start letting our ego's think we are in the 'top 20' or 'best posters' etc.

There is a certain other forum where posters whose ego's got ahead of themselves have gone to. IMO it is a rather lonely and negative space compared to the 'vitality' of this forum.

Long live diverse opinions and many of them...... (I think we all agree on that!)

ps I spent a year lurking and not posting before I plucked up courage to make my first post. It was a great way to learn, and I have recommended that strategy to many.

So for all the silent posters out there, there are likely to be quite a few of our next generation active posters.

IMO

Great post, especially that last sentence.

Its nothing whatsoever to do with their ego's. I am fortunate to know a number of them personally and they're highly articulate, extremely intelligent and very pleasant people. They are a GREAT loss to both this forum and the newbie's trying to learn from it.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Handsome Member

I appreciate all the facts and opinions of this forum. Some are great tips and some are just noise. Most posters have a little of both as their views change with the wind if you go back far enough with their posts so like most it is just taken with a grain of sale.
    The usual contributors really give me a laugh sometime so I appreciate all the posts/banter.
    With regard to the top 20 posters, maybe one of the Admins can give us that info if available, the top 20 posters based on time their join date - number of posts/time.
    That would be interesting to see, especially if there's posters who are in the top 20 but no longer post.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I appreciate all the facts and opinions of this forum. Some are great tips and some are just noise. Most posters have a little of both as their views change with the wind if you go back far enough with their posts so like most it is just taken with a grain of sale.
    The usual contributors really give me a laugh sometime so I appreciate all the posts/banter.
    With regard to the top 20 posters, maybe one of the Admins can give us that info if available, the top 20 posters based on time their join date - number of posts/time.
    That would be interesting to see, especially if there's posters who are in the top 20 but no longer post.
    You can get most of that under the COMMUNITY tab and Member List if really interested.

Click on the headings and it sorts

Good for a laugh
    Last edited by winner69; 13-06-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

This forum over the years has seen many famous people pass through, esp in their younger (learning days). On their own admission they said they learnt heaps as well as having fun

One of those is the now the principle of a successful funds management company which is often mentioned on here and one that many on here have made heaps

Another young guy learnt some hard lessons about investing in ‘cheap’ companies on hear but he was a bright cookie and last I heard was making millions in a leading investment bank

Many more have passed through here over the years

Even The Examiner has been here touting his wares.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its nothing whatsoever to do with their ego's. I am fortunate to know a number of them personally and they're highly articulate, extremely intelligent and very pleasant people. They are a GREAT loss to both this forum and the newbie's trying to learn from it.
    The top 20 are not necessarily the best 20, just the ones that make the effort to contribute on a regular basis regardless of how busy they may be, those willing to share their bad decisions and loss stories not just their successes make an even greater contribution IMO. PS-Everyone has something to contribute and that's the Crux of this current discussion.

Outside thinking.

OK glad we got that sorted.....back to SUM business!