sharetrader
Page 664 of 970 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Conservative... I like it. They have consistently surprised to the upside with development margins. I drilled senior management and directors about development trends at the annual meeting and they were all conservative saying they didn't expect any further gains from 28%. Build target growing to 600 units over the next couple of years, (assuming they don't expand into Australia). SUM stocks just make good common sense to stick in the bottom drawer and let compound growth in underlying earnings do its thing. SUM is shaping up as a classic under promise and over deliver stock. Happy holder and added a few more this morning.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/2...s-rise-27.html

A few years ago at the annual meeting when they raised their development margin from 15 to 17% Julian Cook played down the scope of increasing it beyond 17%.
    Its actually the CFO Scott that sets the prices of new units at SUM villages. He's a good solid numbers man and really knows his stuff.
    Thanks Beagle, nice post. So do you still consider a fair value the current range of share prices?.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    Thanks Beagle, nice post. So do you still consider a fair value the current range of share prices?.
    I think its very sound value at the current price. SUM have built a highly credible track record of growth since listing over 6 1/2 years ago. The company is very well governed by a very capable board and Julian and Scott are driven men determined to succeed.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-08-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thats a phenomenal development margin. Another great result

And yet their reward is the share price heading south. The market proves itself to be irrational yet again ...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    And yet their reward is the share price heading south. The market proves itself to be irrational yet again ...
    This time is different... I don't think it is too irrational
    Holding up pretty well really

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    I suspect the market is misinterpreting the future development margin guidance. All I think Julian is doing is saying the 33% is a bit unusual and he is giving analysts a heads-up not to model that or some higher figure into their DCF valuations. Anything in the late 20's % per annum and the increased build rate for FY19, 20 and beyond is going to give excellent growth going forward. I remain of the view that it is illogical that one of the very fastest growing companies on the NZX with a well proven track record should trade at a material discount to the market average PE. In the medium term I expect this illogical situation will not prevail and long term holders will continue to do very well.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-08-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Interesting article

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12106724

Great result for me and a great longterm hold

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Interesting article

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12106724

Great result for me and a great longterm hold
    Huge potential over there, none of which is being priced in by the market.

Advanced Member

Huge potential over there, none of which is being priced in by the market.
    Interesting about the lack of staffing in the retirement sector in general due to previous government allowing fewer overseas people into the sector.... Are kiwis just no good in this sector? Lack of, or lower amount of empathy? I have found that kiwis in general could improve a lot on their work ethics, but I have no idea in the retirement sector.

Guru

I suspect the market is misinterpreting the future development margin guidance. All I think Julian is doing is saying the 33% is a bit unusual and he is giving analysts a heads-up not to model that or some higher figure into their DCF valuations. Anything in the late 20's % per annum and the increased build rate for FY19, 20 and beyond is going to give excellent growth going forward. I remain of the view that it is illogical that one of the very fastest growing companies on the NZX with a well proven track record should trade at a material discount to the market average PE. In the medium term I expect this illogical situation will not prevail and long term holders will continue to do very well.
    Long term holders will continue to do well... just maybe not as well as previous years - game changes if they do expand into aussie successfully, just doesn't help that houses prices are definitely going down in aussie.
    ARV had 43% margin in 1H18