sharetrader
Page 672 of 971 FirstFirst ... 172572622662668669670671672673674675676682722772 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 9701

I should probably also keep my snout out of this thread and let the party continue. Sum is a good company, can’t deny that (I do own a few).

Big shame for Couta to leave the sum thread. Very valuable info like sum salespeople leaving for oca.

Im fully invested in sum and riding it out. I intend to buy more once it's finished dropping. Im wondering if it will go to $6.80 a share? I do believe that sums pe will decrease based on the last result. I also believe that SP will significantly increase on the next result. I intend to make money from this rise, then review my position.

Thanks to all the posters here for their opinions and analysis. Remember not to get too emotional about your stock picks. Best to be emotionally attached enough to bring the happy's but not enough to be blinded and get it wrong. Something i struggle with.

Veteran novice

Just a reminder that SUM was trading for around $5.50 less than six months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Just a reminder that SUM was trading for around $5.50 less than six months ago.

Depends on your frame of reference. The shares were $5.60 nearly two years ago in Sept 2016 and since then they have grown annual earnings for two years at 50% and 44% respectively. If the shares matched the price relativity of September 2016 they'd be $5.60 x 1.50 x 1.44 = $12.10....and yet SUM people for whatever reason, (possibly sellers remorse) think the shares are presently overpriced at $7.50 on a forward PE of just 15.7 times FY18 earnings...go figure but I reckon some people should have another look with a fresh set of eyes. That said you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.....so I give up.
    If they go down a bit more...what with so little value on the NZX, what do I care I'm in this for the long haul. It simply creates an awesome opportunity to build wealth over time and presents an opportunity to raise one's stake in the company to overweight and make even more money over time.

If anyone can find me another share on the NZX that's grown earnings on average 45% per annum over the last 6 years on a forward PE under 16, please let me know what it is !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-08-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

After a down week last week SUM due for an up week this week

Let’s hope so
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Let's hope not. Dividend reinvestment coming up.

Agreed. Disappointed (but predicted) that my sum shares are going down, but excited to buy more at a discount via drp and market purchase. Long term holder don't care about today's pricing, but wow look at the buyers vs sellers... not many buyers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Agreed. Disappointed (but predicted) that my sum shares are going down, but excited to buy more at a discount via drp and market purchase. Long term holder don't care about today's pricing, but wow look at the buyers vs sellers... not many buyers!
    Probably all sitting on their hands waiting to see where this minor correction takes us and then they'll pounce.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

You might be right. Perhaps a better strategy may be to buy parcels averaging downinstead of wait for a bottom?

At least it was a up day today ...good start to the week
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”