sharetrader
Page 679 of 970 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729779 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 9700
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    None of this CGT and housing shortage on this thread please...
    Whether there is a CGT introduced in NZ could be relevant if it means that the tax regime for the retirement village owners changes as well. SUM earns what is currently non-taxable capital gains in its investment properties. Also would the tax rulings for village operators change?

However many hurdles - and probably years - need to be scaled by any political party wishing to introduce even an incomplete CGT (omitting owner-occupied real estate). Also what would the government do if SUM and others no longer provided possibly cross-subsidised nursing home and rest home level care?

I think a major goal of most CGT regimes overseas is to broaden the revenue raising base not necessarily to reduce asset prices. The current concentration on taxing income as opposed to taxing wealth or capital gains is an arbitrary one.

Moving on...If I don't get any OCA under the placement that's okay because SUM other company with a superb track record of growth was on sale yesterday and hopefully this morning too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-09-2018 at 09:11 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Moving on...If I don't get any OCA under the placement that's okay because SUM other company with a superb track record of growth was on sale yesterday and hopefully this morning too.
    I love a good sale

Banned

I must have missed SUMthing as I never saw any for sale at $6.50.

Bit of a conundrum. Might have to swap my OCA bid for a SUM one. Feeling a bit piggy already with SUM though - up 60% this year. I need a change of feed.

I got none but Ive bought a lot recently firstly under $1 then a bunch around $1.10 so I was sort of pissed off but not angry about it all really. More annoyed I called Craig's twice to become a new client and I went nowhere fast...

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I must have missed SUMthing as I never saw any for sale at $6.50.
    It might go there if your mate Norah came back
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-09-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

To continue the discussion ...must be time to sell SUM and take the profits while share price remains so high

QV data shows New Zealand house prices falling

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/106...prices-falling
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    To continue the discussion ...must be time to sell SUM and take the profits while share price remains so high

QV data shows New Zealand house prices falling

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/106...prices-falling
    YoY they still very much positive, nothing to see here folks move along.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    YoY they still very much positive, nothing to see here folks move along.
    Recent buyers, mortgaged to the max, won’t want to see too many negative quarters if they have to become distressed vendors.

NZ has so much residential property debt that we don’t want it to suddenly collapse like a house of cards.