sharetrader
Page 689 of 970 FirstFirst ... 189589639679685686687688689690691692693699739789 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Flu season wasn't bad this year - so Q4 resales may not be great.
    I had the worst flu in more than a decade and almost everyone I know had it too.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Less sales than I was expecting. Not overly worried.

Hope Q4 is going to be gargantuan - the darker line on the chart looks even sadder than before ...six quarters of declining new sales
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I had the worst flu in more than a decade and almost everyone I know had it too.
    You might have been responsible for it Mr Beagle. The vector the common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope Q4 is going to be gargantuan - the darker line on the chart looks even sadder than before ...six quarters of declining new sales
    I think we need to bring back Norah
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hi, first post from a long term lurker. Attended a recent open day of two Christchurch SUM villages several weeks ago with aging parents. Wigram Village now perhaps 3 years old (now well established) and Casebrook village early stage development with maybe 20 residences inhabited. Parents in early 70's commented how old fashioned and "Ryman like' the Casebrook village seemed with predominantly brick and tile units versus the rendered residences of Wigram. Comment from sales team was that "the CEO prefers brick and tile." Interesting to note we did not see any other prospective residents looking through the brick and tile residences. Interest seemed to be solely on the small number of rendered units available. Come on Julian just because your catering to an "older" clientele doesn't mean you need to be old fashioned! Maintenance costs may be lower but how many of today's 50 & 60 year olds are going to want brick and tile in future?

DISC: Small holding in SUM, tiny holding in RYM and a BIG one in OCA

Welcome to the forum Gordon Gecko and the answer is lots. Heaps of baby boomers have grown up in cold old poorly insulated weatherboard homes and want the warmth of brick and tile. I was reading my granddaughter the old 3 little pigs story the other evening...heck even the 3 little pigs know to build in bricks

DISC: Modest holding in SUM, no holding in RYM, MET or ARV and a BIG one in OCA (and looking to do a Couta1) in OCA
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-10-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Take your point Beagle. I too have a vested interest in SUM making lot's of sales but interested in feedback from those in the demographic and where perspective purchasers interests lay.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Heaps of baby boomers have grown up in cold old poorly insulated weatherboard homes and want the warmth of brick and tile.
    Poorly insulated brick and tile were no better.

Im contemplating selling my SUM shares. I don't understand why sales are down for a company increasing their supply of homes, in an industry touting that there isn't enough supply of homes to cover demand. Have I missed something here?