sharetrader
Page 704 of 970 FirstFirst ... 204604654694700701702703704705706707708714754804 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 9700

50-day EMA in the process of crossing the 200-day EMA ... will it bounce or will it plummet? Only time will tell ...

RYM is heading in that direction also but has some breathing space at the moment.

Useful reminder ...

I do like SUM and used to hold for some time. Sold however out while the SP dropped from the MA100 to under MA200. While I kept them previously during their below MA200 phases, I think this time the risk is too high that they disappoint the market with their next sales numbers. Their last quarter would need to be outrageously good to make the promised 450 ... and while it would be nice, I am not sure this is the time for outrageously good results.

Pretty sure I will be back early next year - unless we enter a confirmed bear market (some people say it arrived already ) and stay there ... in that case it might take a bit longer ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

[QUOTE=oldtech;738812]50-day EMA in the process of crossing the 200-day EMA ... will it bounce or will it plummet? Only time will tell ...

Or will it go sideways for a bit, go up and down for a while or slowly increase or decrease over time. Probably these crossings don’t really mean anything apart from flushing out some buyers and sellers that think the crossings are significant.

[QUOTE=Brain;738815]
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    50-day EMA in the process of crossing the 200-day EMA ... will it bounce or will it plummet? Only time will tell ...

Or will it go sideways for a bit, go up and down for a while or slowly increase or decrease over time. Probably these crossings don’t really mean anything apart from flushing out some buyers and sellers that think the crossings are significant.
    Its all about market psychology. As long as there are enough people who think these crossings are significant, they are.
    ----

Summerset having an open day at all its Auckland villages this weekend. Trying to drum up SUM business for inclusion in Q4 sales.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Summerset having an open day at all its Auckland villages this weekend. Trying to drum up SUM business for inclusion in Q4 sales.
    Hope they don’t discount and hurt margins
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Stop loss at $6.40 on that one just hit as well. That's OK, I'll take my 35% profit and sit on the side lines for a while
    But what do you do with the cash in the meantime? There are lots of shares in good companies going cheap compared to a couple of months ago.

Maybe SUM at $6.40 .

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Good on them. Doubt however that people who go the coming weekend on an open day and like what they see will manage to close the deal prior to Christmas - even if they (and the seller) are really keen; I hear it takes 3 to 4 weeks even if you have the money at hand, just to do all the legal stuff. Never mind first having to sell your house. This open day is clearly made to boost the Q1 and Q2 sales next year ...
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    But what do you do with the cash in the meantime? There are lots of shares in good companies going cheap compared to a couple of months ago.

Maybe SUM at $6.40 .
    SUM last sale as $3.29. I put sum cash into OCA and sum into RBC with left overs still waiting for a home.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope they don’t discount and hurt margins
    If surrounding properties have been dropping value (which could be happening in Auckland now) then discounting units,if there are quite a few empty ones, may be a good idea. There would probably still be decent margin at this stage.