sharetrader
Page 737 of 970 FirstFirst ... 237637687727733734735736737738739740741747787837 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Geepers what a day! Was feeling quite pleased with myself topping up on Friday....thought $6.20 was a bargain until today.....yikes....
    Relax mate. Craigs have done their clients a huge disservice and their recommendation is right out of whack with the rest of the brokers. Once the sheep have been shooed out of the pen its all going to be good. Summerset cranking up the lollies and incentives..it'll come right, hang in there https://www.summerset.co.nz/lakeview...t-ret.planners Maybe they'll give shareholders with more than 10,000 shares a free cruise too
    https://issuu.com/summersetgrouphold...54560/63474234

These north facing waterfront ones at Hobsonville are what you really want though https://www.summerset.co.nz/find-a-v...monterey-park/
    I've had a look through those and they're super cool.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-04-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Relax mate. Craigs have done their clients a huge disservice and their recommendation is right out of whack with the rest of the brokers. Once the sheep have been shooed out of the pen its all going to be good. Summerset cranking up the lollies and incentives..it'll come right, hang in there https://www.summerset.co.nz/lakeview...t-ret.planners Maybe they'll give shareholders with more than 10,000 shares a free cruise too
    https://issuu.com/summersetgrouphold...54560/63474234

These north facing waterfront ones at Hobsonville are what you really want though https://www.summerset.co.nz/find-a-v...monterey-park/
    I've had a look through those and they're super cool.
    Marketing rubbish.
    $15k cash back - price reduced by $15k more like.
    $25k of sweetener - times are getting tough.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Marketing rubbish.
    Hard to get excited about all the retirement village players in the next 3 to 5 years.

Property prices are in retreat - big time in Auckland with more downside yet over the next 5 years.

No more Asian money to drive prices higher, CGT to kick in, some Asians unloading their properties onto a deserted buyers' market, kiwibuild taking the pressure off first home buyers and new areas being upgraded with infrastructure to support massive housing projects in 3 years' time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Hard to get excited about all the retirement village players in the next 3 to 5 years.

Property prices are in retreat - big time in Auckland with more downside yet over the next 5 years.

No more Asian money to drive prices higher, CGT to kick in, some Asians unloading their properties onto a deserted buyers' market, kiwibuild taking the pressure off first home buyers and new areas being upgraded with infrastructure to support massive housing projects in 3 years' time.
    It is interesting times, especially since so many said Asian money wasn't driving anything.
    Of course kiwibuild isn't building anything either.

Marketing rubbish.
    Lots of SUM and OCA advertising over the weekend. One of them was even offering workshops on how to transition into one of their villages.

I spent the weekend on the In-laws place, doing a bit of maintenance and prevention stuff before winter comes on. Thinking Hmmmm - SUM or OCA place is looking good if it means less work around the house. Subtle hints arent working at the moment. They prefer their independence - which is fine when others are doing the work.

It is interesting times, especially since so many said Asian money wasn't driving anything.
    Of course kiwibuild isn't building anything either.
    Yup - just as Jacinda said China never took any retaliatory action against NZ over Huawei, unless you are an exporter and have your meat shipments held for 2 months in China for no reason, missing the crucial Chinese New Year market (company I know personally). Or in the case of sanford, having fresh chilled salmon held in port until they needed to be frozen.

She is a born liar.

Disc. Holds Metlife.
    Last edited by Balance; 09-04-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Guru

Yup - just as Jacinda said China never took any retaliatory action against NZ over Huawei, unless you are an exporter and have your meat shipments held for 2 months in China for no reason, missing the crucial Chinese New Year market (company I know personally). Or in the case of sanford, having fresh chilled salmon held in port until they needed to be frozen.

She is a born liar.

Disc. Holds Metlife.
    By the way - it was National that declared the Asians weren't driving anything house wise.
    Maybe Labour was right at the time.

They all tell the truth that suits them.

Can I hire you as a property consultant mate ?...that's quite a fancy long range crystal ball you have there...

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Lots of SUM and OCA advertising over the weekend. One of them was even offering workshops on how to transition into one of their villages.

I spent the weekend on the In-laws place, doing a bit of maintenance and prevention stuff before winter comes on. Thinking Hmmmm - SUM or OCA place is looking good if it means less work around the house. Subtle hints arent working at the moment. They prefer their independence - which is fine when others are doing the work.
    You're a good soul.

Marketing rubbish.
    Welcome to marketing 101. Kids like free lollies, adults like bigger "lollies" they perceive as being free.

I still believe they should shift to fixed fees for life and give very special weekly rates for units sold off the plans but Julian Cook is hard of hearing despite my persistent barking on this issue.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-04-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I got this p/e number from my asb securitis online site. Is this number correct with current share price? If its right, then sum must be under valued compared to other retirement companies.

met 10.82
    oca 10.86
    rym 16.90
    sum 6.05
    arv 7.26
    Disc. Holds oca sum met

5.50 today?
    one step ahead of the herd