sharetrader
Page 811 of 970 FirstFirst ... 311711761801807808809810811812813814815821861911 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,110 of 9700

Back to SUM

Book Value (ie Shareholders Funds) as at June19 is 21% higher than June18 and 8% higher than Dec18

one of best measures of company value .......so those numbers pretty impressive.....and better than others in the sector.
    Last edited by winner69; 13-08-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Unfortunately there are those who believe that they are never wrong?
    ... and there are those who believe when they are wrong (rather spectacularly in this case) they can never own up to it or even try to admit otherwise... I had to do it with PEB, its a tough thing to do but the right thing to do
    One thing is for sure, such a person would make a great politician!

But yes, back to sum
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 13-08-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Advanced Member

Who cares who is right or who is wrong. Look at the share price, the big money neither liked or loathed it. Back to yesterdays price shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Easy enough to write that - yes, that was my view at that time and it has proven to be incorrect?

Unfortunately there are those who believe that they are never wrong?
    My view changed later that year and was very clearly articulated and I posted same immediately after I sold. It is extremely disingenuous to go back and take a selective post from one point in time, (without posting their revised view), and then go on to rub their nose in it with no other purpose than taking a childish approach.

Heathy debate yes, but, such nonsense is not something I will be engaging with any more.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-08-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    My view changed later that year and was very clearly articulated and I posted same immediately after I sold. It is extremely disingenuous to go back and take a selective post from one point in time, (without posting their revised view), and then go on to rub their nose in it with no other purpose than taking a childish approach.

Heathy debate yes, but, such nonsense is not something I will be engaging with any more.
    Yes it seems Balance missed the whole message in my post.Lol

Guru

People can always change their minds on companies & it is great when they share the reasons on a forum. I would be concerned if opinions remained immutable despite developments.

It looks like the latest result indicates that SUM has been in a consolidation period. It is interesting to see that BV and underlying profit improved though. It remains a long term hold for me.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    ... and there are those who believe when they are wrong (rather spectacularly in this case) they can never own up to it or even try to admit otherwise... I had to do it with PEB, its a tough thing to do but the right thing to do
    One thing is for sure, such a person would make a great politician!

But yes, back to sum
    Are you an optometrist or something, t j?

I can't read your small print asides so well - if there's anything important there I'd like an appointment, please.

Anyone notice the way they phrased the sold stats: "Recorded sales". Did they used to list the sales, then say that there were a bunch under contract? If that's the case, I'm ok with this, but would rather see sold + contracted.

Also, "...although the mix has changed slightly, with growing serviced apartment sales reflecting the increased emphasis on this offering over time..." this for me is a vote to put money into oca instead. (If you were thinking to buy more retirement villages).

That said, i think it's a great result in the current property market.

Disc: hold a minute parcel of sum, and no other villages. Im holding off buying more until either mid recession bargains are too enticing, or the next property boom.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Who cares who is right or who is wrong. Look at the share price, the big money neither liked or loathed it. Back to yesterdays price shortly.
    Only ones wife cares whose right or wrong and she's normally right.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Disc: hold a minute parcel of sum, and no other villages. Im holding off buying more until either mid recession bargains are too enticing, or the next property boom.
    Holding off buying has already missed a 9%+ capital gain from the June low SP (only 5 weeks or so ago). While todays pissing contest has unfolded, the SP has shrugged off the initial 6.4c divi shed, then some, and currently up about 13c from open.