sharetrader
Page 812 of 970 FirstFirst ... 312712762802808809810811812813814815816822862912 ... LastLast
Results 8,111 to 8,120 of 9700

It's not a bad stock, i just think there are better gains elsewhere.

After compared some of the basic numbers and figures in the sector, bought some more around NZT1300 today. To me, although the latest results really got no eye-popping excitement, it doesn't neither have any eye-popping disappointment as well. If looking ahead for a slight longer timeframe, its present low P/E just doesn't do the company's shareprice any justice. The current market atmospheres around the global, made companies like SUM a very reasonable choice in the sector.

Everyone has their own preferences when comes to investing. But blindly in love of a stock could result missing opportunit(ies) in others. Seems Tj just loves his ARV too much. If you're also an investor in ATM and read at threads on HC, hope you don't turn to one of the members username started with Black****, with a PhD degree.

Last, the market cap for SUM is $1319m/RYM is $6795m/ ARV is $753m
    Last edited by 44wishlists; 13-08-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Given the fact property market has been soften, SUM still managed underlying profit up 6%. It's really not bad the company is worth thumb up.

I bought at $5.5 and plan to buy more if SP drop 10% or 20% from the price I purchased. Once property market turns up(may need to wait a few years), SUM sp will go to north.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Holding off buying has already missed a 9%+ capital gain from the June low SP (only 5 weeks or so ago). While todays pissing contest has unfolded, the SP has shrugged off the initial 6.4c divi shed, then some, and currently up about 13c from open.
    Holding off buying has saved some from suffering 25% loss!

And buying ATM from the low at the beginning of the year has made some 40% + return.

Hindsight is a lovely thing, isn't it?
    Last edited by Balance; 13-08-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    Given the fact property market has been soften, SUM still managed underlying profit up 6%. It's really not bad the company is worth thumb up.

I bought at $5.5 and plan to buy more if SP drop 10% or 20% from the price I purchased. Once property market turns up(may need to wait a few years), SUM sp will go to north.
    this is not the best strategy for most investors.
    We know the property market is slack.
    it is difficult for us to gauge demand for retirement homes but its likely increasing
    We know building costs are increasing and there is a shortage of builders.
    Interest rates are low and decreasing
    Spring is nearly here.
    We dont know when the market will respond-but its often in anticipation

Not the stellar 1st half desired but not terrible either. Looking at past years, it seems the 2nd half should be an improvement on the first. Either way, 'nothing to see here, move along'.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    this is not the best strategy for most investors.
    We know the property market is slack.
    it is difficult for us to gauge demand for retirement homes but its likely increasing
    We know building costs are increasing and there is a shortage of builders.
    Interest rates are low and decreasing
    Spring is nearly here.
    We dont know when the market will respond-but its often in anticipation
    I know. Most people have no patience, and can't be tolerant on temp loss. And that's why most people can't make money .

As far as my experience, investing a stock can be at loss position on 90% of time, but suddenly its day arrived! And then you make money, maybe huge money. So as long as you choose sound financed, profitable, dividend paying companies, and buy when sp is dip, and then you just wait. Its day will come.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Where do you SUM watchers see the price going in the next few days?

Am an ex shareholder looking to get back in, and wondering how this result will be perceived in a day or Two

Market has had a full day to digest the result and on the back of a very week lead from Wall Street overnight. The share price reaction speaks for itself.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine