sharetrader
Page 813 of 970 FirstFirst ... 313713763803809810811812813814815816817823863913 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,130 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Where do you SUM watchers see the price going in the next few days?

Am an ex shareholder looking to get back in, and wondering how this result will be perceived in a day or Two
    Just like Beagle had pointed out earlier, if you're in for a long haul, you will do fine. But if you're looking for a quick turnaround, you will likely to be disappointed.

Disc. I bought SUM shares around NZT1300 today.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    Just like Beagle had pointed out earlier, if you're in for a long haul, you will do fine. But if you're looking for a quick turnaround, you will likely to be disappointed.

Disc. I bought SUM shares around NZT1300 today.
    Bought a few just before the close and my inbox now filled with hundreds of trade notifications all for silly amounts like 2 shares

Bought a few just before the close and my inbox now filled with hundreds of trade notifications all for silly amounts like 2 shares
    Happens to me sometimes ...isn’t it just plain stupid.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

There must be a better way for the broking firm to notify their client(s). Yes, these multiple emails for 2 shares etc. must be annoying. I wonder why people hold or sell only 2 shares ?
    Last edited by limmy; 13-08-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Happens to me sometimes ...isn’t it just plain stupid.

Consideration: 5.86Brokerage: NZD 0.00Total Cost NZD 5.86

Hundreds just like this 1 share at a time. Should be easy for them to only send the notification once a sensible amount of shares had been traded

Sold 9 LESS units and had 12 LESS resales (v pcp) but underlying earnings were UP $2.6m

That’s pretty impressive
    Last edited by winner69; 13-08-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Looks like Ryman not too shabby afterall

Quote Originally Posted by limmy View Post
    There must be a better way for the broking firm to notify their client(s). Yes, these multiple emails for 2 shares etc. must be annoying. I wonder why people hold or sell only 2 shares ?
    I suspect it's not that people are holding just two shares, more likely that this is a result of balancing multiple different buy and sell quantities.

I am sure somebody here will know the finer points, but as an example, imagine that the next sell order in the queue is "A" selling 800 shares. "B" is looking to buy 798 shares, so the broker takes those 798 shares from "A" and sells them to "B". "A" now has just 2 shares left, and the next buy order in the queue is limmy. So you get the remaining 2 shares from "A" and then the process continues matching up people.

At least, that's how I imagine it works. And obviously the above is a very simple example; now extrapolate it to account for the thousands of people buying and selling multiple different quantities, changing their buy and sell prices as the market moves, etc.

Guru

Forsyth speak highly of SUM... target price gone back up (from $6.60 to $7.10)
    Blue sky ahead they say...
    but EPS growth expected to be negative for FY19... that won't help the much touted 9 year CAGR