sharetrader
Page 825 of 971 FirstFirst ... 325725775815821822823824825826827828829835875925 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,250 of 9701
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Nazareth House on Brougham Street was $650,000 with no privacy.Archer in Beckenham was just under $500,00 for a modest oldish unit,Rhodes I can't remember, but think it was like ARV's Park Lane [next to AMI stadium on busy Whiteleigh Ave] priced between $650,000 to $850,000.Couple on Rose Street did not appeal.Buying our over 60s for just under $500,000 ended up being a no brainer.I thought there will be plenty of nice options,but there were not.
    That is interesting, those Archer ones in birdwood ave are a shocking price, they are nothing more than attached breeze block huts.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    That is interesting, those Archer ones in birdwood ave are a shocking price, they are nothing more than attached breeze block huts.
    Agree,and again no privacy.I thought plenty to chose from,including Ryman in Beckenham.
    Our $500,000 new over 60s would have been priced, at a guess at over $600,000 in a village.
    And the $650,000 to $800,000 units were nice,but in places I would not live in.
    ie Rhodes,Nazareth House or Park Lane.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Agree,and again no privacy.I thought plenty to chose from,including Ryman in Beckenham.
    Our $500,000 new over 60s would have been priced, at a guess at over $600,000 in a village.
    And the $650,000 to $800,000 units were nice,but in places I would not live in.
    ie Rhodes,Nazareth House or Park Lane.
    I wonder if a better alternative to these villages might be to employ a a nice live in filipino nurse/helper, someone to cook and clean etc. Probably work out much cheaper too. Wonder if there are any agencies that supply them? If not there should be

So only Filipino nurse/helpers need apply, because the rest of us recognise exploitation when we see it and expect to be paid a decent wage for the quality care we provide and the genuine love and caring we have for your loved ones in our care?

This “healthy” discussion is now really pissing me off.

I wonder if a better alternative to these villages might be to employ a a nice live in filipino nurse/helper, someone to cook and clean etc. Probably work out much cheaper too. Wonder if there are any agencies that supply them? If not there should be

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    So only Filipino nurse/helpers need apply, because the rest of us recognise exploitation when we see it and expect to be paid a decent wage for the quality care we provide and the genuine love and caring we have for your loved ones in our care?

This “healthy” discussion is now really pissing me off.
    You are way too sensitive for an internet forum.
    Last edited by ratkin; 09-09-2019 at 06:10 PM.

I’m not your mate and no I’m not. I’ve been hanging out and posting on Internet forums for over 30 years. All kinds of forums, not just this one. And yes, I’ve been in many a heated “discussion” in my time, but not because I’m “too sensitive.” Because I actually give a **** about people. I don’t like racists and people making judgment statements based on someone’s cultural background. And don’t tell me that’s not you because your Filipino comment says otherwise.

The fact that you have now made two inappropriate and unnecessary comments is on you. Don’t try to make it about my over-sensitivity. Your comments say much more about you than they do about me.

You are way too sensitive for an internet forum.

SUM share price now only 32 cents away from ‘fair value’

Mind you that could change one way or the other tomorrow.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    SUM share price now only 32 cents away from ‘fair value’

Mind you that could change one way or the other tomorrow.
    Yeah, still only 48% of RYM on the Couta theorem (all you need to know), so must be undervalued
    Shows how undervalued it was back in the low $5's

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yeah, still only 48% of RYM on the Couta theorem (all you need to know), so must be undervalued
    Shows how undervalued it was back in the low $5's
    Good thing about Cout’s Theorem is that when the price reverts to the mean it generally/usually/ often overshoots

According 7 bucks plus is on the cards in next month or two ...maybe after third quarter sales report in early October
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good thing about Cout’s Theorem is that when the price reverts to the mean it generally/usually/ often overshoots

According 7 bucks plus is on the cards in next month or two ...maybe after third quarter sales report in early October
    I was with you dreaming of $7 until you mentioned sales, but I guess it could all come together with these ultra low interest rates and the beginning of a rebound in property. The inverse is what sent SUM into a once in a recent lifetime buying opportunity, or maybe maybe more than once.

Still happy with a decent stash, relatively speaking and it will take more than an Armageddon to prise these from my grasp.

Slowly learning about an event horizon of 10, 20, 30 years and how that plays out with high earners in a sector with reliable strong tail winds.

Hope I live long enough to realise the upside on SUM and few others. If not, the kids will.