sharetrader
Page 826 of 970 FirstFirst ... 326726776816822823824825826827828829830836876926 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good thing about Cout’s Theorem is that when the price reverts to the mean it generally/usually/ often overshoots

According 7 bucks plus is on the cards in next month or two ...maybe after third quarter sales report in early October
    Yeah, beggared if I know why we bother with any FA or TA analysis when all you need is the GOLD standard CA (Couta1 analysis). 42% relativity was a screaming bargain in the low $5's (not that many weeks ago) something I might have mentioned a few times based on FA, but who needs fundamental analysis anyway As you say Winenr, more often than not it overshoots right up to the top of the range at 60% so my price target is 60% of RYM $13.30 = $7.98 !

I think Coutts is a bit miffed he didn't follow his own CA and get some in the low $5's...too concentrated on the milky share.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-09-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeah, beggared if I know why we bother with any FA or TA analysis when all you need is the GOLD standard CA (Couta1 analysis). 42% relativity was a screaming bargain in the low $5's (not that many weeks ago). As you say Winenr, more often than not it overshoots right up to the top of the range at 60% so my price target is 60% of $13.30 = $7.98 !
    And $7.98 isn’t even new territory ...been there done that eh

Onwards and upwards
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

And $7.98 isn’t even new territory ...been there done that eh

Onwards and upwards
    60% of RYM at $14 is $8.40 and will be new territory though. Rising tide lifts all boats. Real estate in Australia has bottomed and turned and Melbourne / Sydney real estate were up 0.8% in August. Disc: Topped up SUM more yesterday.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

60% of RYM at $14 is $8.40 and will be new territory though. Rising tide lifts all boats. Real estate in Australia has bottomed and turned and Melbourne / Sydney real estate were up 0.8% in August. Disc: Topped up SUM more yesterday.
    Took my profits out of ARV the other week and admit got a few more SUM as well.

Jeremy’s efforts to ramp ARV got better of me

Pity OCA is the real dog of the sector eh .....even Mavericks patience must be wearing thin.

Yeap, feeling sorry for Maverick, (turns out you can have too many), and Coutts tells me, (hope he's okay with me sharing), that SUM have been making some very good high level hire's in the care sector headhunting some of OCA's best senior staff. I expect SUM to be on the up and up with their care service standards.

Maverick will be alright in the long run.... but Beagle's are no good at waiting years to be fed properly, always on the hunt for a quick easy feed in the near future lol
    On a brighter note if the OCR goes down to 0.25% next year like the ANZ think it will and term deposits are about 2% OCA at 4.6% will be a high yielding share

percy

SUM's current share price is $6.33.Their dividend is 13.6 cps which is a 2.15% yield.
    Is that a gross yield or a net yield.?
    From memory the dividend is not fully imputed,so it looks to be a gross yield.

Yeap, feeling sorry for Maverick, (turns out you can have too many), and Coutts tells me, (hope he's okay with me sharing), that SUM have been making some very good high level hire's in the care sector headhunting some of OCA's best senior staff. I expect SUM to be on the up and up with their care service standards.

Maverick will be alright in the long run.... but Beagle's are no good at waiting years to be fed properly, always on the hunt for a quick easy feed in the near future lol
    On a brighter note if the OCR goes down to 0.25% next year like the ANZ think it will and term deposits are about 2% OCA at 4.6% will be a high yielding share
    Holding OCA until the share price gets a move along (no doubt the overhang the poblem) has been very costly over the last couple of years when taking opportunity cost into account

Holding OCA until the share price gets a move along (no doubt the overhang the poblem) has been very costly over the last couple of years when taking opportunity cost into account
    Not everybody bought them as dear as you did ; My OCA holding returned as of today over a bit more than 2 years roughly 4.5% pa in dividends and about the same amount in capital gains. Not my best performer in the portfolio, but not my worst either.

Just compare that to the (by some people) highly praised TRA - they lost over the same timeframe every year more than 10% (after dividends) for their shareholders.

I like OCA.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    SUM's current share price is $6.33.Their dividend is 13.6 cps which is a 2.15% yield.
    Is that a gross yield or a net yield.?
    From memory the dividend is not fully imputed,so it looks to be a gross yield.
    Gross yield. I don't think anyone buys SUM for the yield. They only pay out 30% of underlying profit and are channeling all the rest into growth.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I wonder if a better alternative to these villages might be to employ a a nice live in filipino nurse/helper, someone to cook and clean etc. Probably work out much cheaper too. Wonder if there are any agencies that supply them? If not there should be
    Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    ... and don’t tell me that’s not [a racist] because your Filipino comment says otherwise....
    I feel compelled to defend Ratkin here. His comment was no more racist than stating that Germans are good at engineering.
    Philippinos are the best in the world at the hands-on positions within the service industry... and they know it.
    Ref: 1:05 mark at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_pzn1BYpU

In Singapore and Dubai where I lived for 6 years, there are multiple agencies set up to specifically supply Philippino caregiving, maid, and nanny services who easily make up 90% of those in the role in both the private and public sector. They are brilliant at it, excellent at speaking a range of languages (superb at English), and offer very good value for money. I too think it would be beneficial for all if New Zealand had similar.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 10-09-2019 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Typo