sharetrader
Page 833 of 970 FirstFirst ... 333733783823829830831832833834835836837843883933 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,330 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    As they say in the analyst business probable a random spike in the numbers
    Or the start of a new trend ? Resales numbers based on my calculations based on normal length of stay and total number of units owned have been extraordinarily low in the last couple of years. Resales will really drive profit growth in the next 3 years. (That's what the market isn't understanding at this point).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Odd Julián ‘new sales maintained the momentum reported in the first half.’

Yes he’s right — new sales in first half down 6% on pcp — new sales Q3 down 6% on pcp.

Only reason Julián would make such a statement is if he assumed punters expected things to get worse and would be than 6% down in Q3

But then he said sales mer expectations.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Or the start of a new trend ? Resales numbers based on my calculations based on normal length of stay and total number of units owned have been extraordinarily low in the last couple of years. Resales will really drive profit growth in the next 3 years. (That's what the market isn't understanding at this point).
    Yes indeed - all those extraordinary revaluation gains over the last few years to be realised.

But they make more than double the bucks from selling a new thing than a used one.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

More deaths in winter. So more resales.

While it is true that more people are typically dying during winter than during the more friendly seasons - if you look at the resale trend I published (the purple line), it does not really show seasonal tendencies.

As well - after a unit is vacated, they first need to renovate it and put it on the market ... I think in average it is something like 3 or 4 months from vacating the unit to reselling it; Any deaths during this winter would not have contributed to Q3 resales.

I think resale numbers are more likely dependent on the average age of the residents and the overall number of units available ... and all three average age, number of units as well as resale numbers are clearly trending up.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Agreed BP.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I view the numbers are good: new sales are better than Q1 and Q2. Resales are the best over last six quarters.

What else you guys expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    I view the numbers are good: new sales are better than Q1 and Q2. Resales are the best over last six quarters.

Well said. Up 11.5% on the same quarter last year too http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/7...n-the-yearhtml
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-10-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post

The only one who is negative is Winner and all that means is that he is wanting to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    The only one who is negative is Winner and all that means is that he is wanting to buy.