sharetrader
Page 840 of 971 FirstFirst ... 340740790830836837838839840841842843844850890940 ... LastLast
Results 8,391 to 8,400 of 9701

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Long term hold, can't go wrong.
    Put your offer orders in now and beat the queue
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Put your offer orders in now and beat the queue
    LOL I would but for the fact that I'm well positioned already
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It is so obvious that there is no such thing as price manipulation. Those Thirteen buyers wanting a total of 171 shares are all genuine! even if there is one seller of 2225 two pips higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL I would but for the fact that I'm well positioned already
    you didn't get my dig Beagle. I said offer , not bid. I am implying that your long term hold status will change soon enough
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    you didn't get my dig Beagle. I said offer , not bid. I am implying that your long term hold status will change soon enough
    LOL yeah I missed it probably because I'm as happy as a pig in mud.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

What did I miss this week? SUM gaps up Friday (32c for the week), RYM up, MET! up, even OCA gets some love. Retirement sector back in favour?

Rotation out of defensive sectors of REIT's and Utilities to growth stocks.

Sector rotation is probably the answer, a large insto or group of investors probably looked around and saw valuations were out of control in other places but it hasn't really hit in the retirement industry. Current PE of 14.5 and forward PE on a $110m underlying profit would put it at a 15.90.

I'm not sure the retirement sector will really hit the saturation for a few more years yet on the demand side. The biggest sign is the obvious lousy sales numbers across all the companies. OCA still selling units from a retirement village built in a upmarket suburb by the beach 6 months after building it is a case study. Of course the weak sales in SUMs case, inability to ramp sales year after year suggests to me there isn't an insatiable demand for the product, and the pull back of the build rate is another case study.

Until it hits that kind of maturity, I think SUM and related companies will trade in this PE range until eventually becoming stable and surethings on the market as a whole. The early bird obviously gets the worm, and we can all look at what happens when you do get that maturity in how RYM trades compared to the rest, SUM included.

Jeez sector rotation seems a bit like herd mentality ...wonder where they’ll drift off to next.

Or maybe it’s just the gurus finally realising the property market isn’t collapsing after all
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Jeff doesn’t live on this thread
    Last edited by winner69; 10-11-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”