sharetrader
Page 857 of 970 FirstFirst ... 357757807847853854855856857858859860861867907957 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Got 'em! Think I'll enjoy Elton John tonight especially well to bring in the New Year...
    Congrats, stick those in the bottom drawer for quite SUM years and you'll reflect back on this last day of the decade and be able to give yourself a very big pat on the back.

I have quite a SUM of SUM shares already so am very well positioned for the 2020's
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Congrats, stick those in the bottom drawer for quite SUM years and you'll reflect back on this last day of the decade and be able to give yourself a very big pat on the back.

I have quite a SUM of SUM shares already so am very well positioned for the 2020's
    I dont own any or in fact any retirement stocks for that matter yet I'm also feeling very well positioned.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I dont own any or in fact any retirement stocks for that matter yet I'm also feeling very well positioned.
    I take it you're hoping MET shareholders don't get a counter offer at $8 then Its a shame you haven't got a ticket to the MET barking show, its going to be quite a show !
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-12-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

I take it you're hoping MET shareholders don't get a counter offer at $8 then
    Too many unknowns to worry about but I reckon $7 is your lot, meanwhile I'm feeling rather bloated and can now take a rest from making milkshakes until the time is right to open up the dairy and start dispatching lots of them.

Speaking of being bloated I'm hoping that the MET offer expands just as quick as my waistline has over Xmas
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...DF&FORM=WRVORC

Advanced Member

Thanks heaps for your analysis over the last year or so Beagle. It's been a tough one for me and I am a lot more skeptical these days but next year looks promising. Just have to survive Kim Jong Un, China & the South China Sea and Donald Trump and things might be OK. Happy New Year people!
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Australian property prices rocketing up

From Westpac report:
    The recovery in Australian dwelling prices that began in mid-2019 accelerated in the final quarter, sustaining a robust pace into year end. The CoreLogic home value index, covering the eight major capital cities, rose 1.2% in the Dec month following a very strong 2.0% gain in Nov and a 1.4% rise in Oct, giving a 4.7% gain for the final quarter. Prices rose 3% for the year as a whole – a 7% rebound in the second half more than offsetting a 3.8% decline in the first.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Gotta say that those bushfires look the worst I have ever seen. Even though the Australians have been very tough on Kiwi's with some of their recently changed policies, I feel sorry for them, those fires are profoudly shocking. Someone made a comment about global warming and Australians crossing the ditch to retire here a while back and suggested that even if 1% did that it would make a big difference to demand for retirement village living here. I think that 1% guesstimate is starting to look a little bit conservative. Fire risk aside as a separate issue, its simply getting too hot over there...

Tomorrow is the start of SUM's FY20 year and investors will start pondering their prospective FY20 earnings of maybe $140m giving 62 cps. $9.05 / 0.62 = forward PE of just 14.6 for a company with average compound growth of 37% per annum.

Why should this trade on less than the median forward PE of 19 given they have the highest average compound growth rate of any stock listed on the NZX for the last 8 years ?

You being unusually conservative / bearish on that $140m F20 earnings.....only 16% earnings growth

Remember we’ve got all those abnormal / extraordinary revaluation gains from 2017/2018 yet to be realised to be

No doubt when we (should) get a real positive earnings guidance for F19 next week
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

It'll probably be more, just a little early to make that call. $150m for Fy20 wouldn't surprise me and as much as $200m in FY21 when their development program hits high gear. Fabulous stock to hold long term and just let compound earnings growth do its magic.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-01-2020 at 09:24 AM.