sharetrader
Page 860 of 970 FirstFirst ... 360760810850856857858859860861862863864870910960 ... LastLast
Results 8,591 to 8,600 of 9700
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

The result I'm hoping/expecting today with sales, if they come out today, that tells everything is steaming along nicely are:
    new sales 110-115
    resales - 80-90

Advanced Member

Would love to know the reason for that 40c drop in price yesterday on 150,000 odd shares. Beagle what do you think is going on there - just profit taking?
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Would love to know the reason for that 40c drop in price yesterday on 150,000 odd shares. Beagle what do you think is going on there - just profit taking?
    Either you've been having a long sleep or havent read the news.Lol

Advanced Member

What - you think Iran did it? Like SUM would give a rats...OCA hardly moved...

Banned

What - you think Iran did it? Like SUM would give a rats...OCA hardly moved...
    OCA dropped near 10% over the last week, there will always be the odd outlier stock but overall sentiment rules whether negative or positive.

Gidday mate. Must admit I went for a nice drive yesterday to see the gannets at Murawai, (good at this time of year when a lot of Aucklanders are out of town and not so busy as normal) and came back in the late afternoon to quite a surprise with the escalation of tensions in the middle east.

Fear and greed have always been the two biggest motivators in the market and always will be. I think in the context of a very strong rally in recent weeks it was simply some people deciding to take some chips off the table.

With the incredible amount of tension in the middle east I got to thinking yesterday evening (in a rather sad and sombre mood) as most of the sun made its way through the light smoke that's still drifting through the atmosphere from the Australian bush fires and what sun there was shone on me, how incredibly fortunate we are to live in New Zealand free from war and strife and for the most part at not much risk from the awful bushfires ravaging Australia, in a warm temperate climate that's not too hot or too cold, free of religious persecution. We're very blessed to live here with ample food and water and overall a very good standard of living.

Pretty nice place to retire isn't it I know the senior management team at SUM are very sharp and very motivated...very good place to invest over the long term.
    No stock is free of the odd bit of turbulence from time, to time. Long term...you can't go wrong...

Hopefully things settle down in the middle east. Surely all nationalities want a nice safe place for their kids and grandkids to grow up.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-01-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Cheers for that Beagle - yes we are very lucky here in NZ, I just don't like seeing sudden uncorrelated moves on the market where one stock in the sector can move from just under $8.90 to a low of 8.35 and back slightly, on high volume, without understanding why. Especially when I have just bought into it! Cheers...

Banned

Cheers for that Beagle - yes we are very lucky here in NZ, I just don't like seeing sudden uncorrelated moves on the market where one stock in the sector can move from just under $8.90 to a low of 8.35 and back slightly, on high volume, without understanding why. Especially when I have just bought into it! Cheers...
    Your talking as if the market is rational, it's not, it's completely Schitzo.

Advanced Member

Well not "completely" else what would be the point!

Banned

Well not "completely" else what would be the point!
    Like any person with a mental illness you have to understand the triggers and reactions of the particular condition.PS-Have worked amongst people with every imaginable mental illness for a long time, although not so much now although I still find more sanity when I do oftentimes than working on the market.Lol
    Last edited by couta1; 09-01-2020 at 11:35 AM.