sharetrader
Page 879 of 970 FirstFirst ... 379779829869875876877878879880881882883889929 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 9700
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    HGH looking cheap at the moment ...
    ARV as well...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No AIR or SUM shares..."I'm lost" https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/offbe...cid=spartandhp
    What is my purpose in life now ?, what can I bark about ?....I'm sure something will come to mind lol
    Start buying your HLG back, you know you want to being a divvy hound at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    ARV as well...
    I concede that its time for a very deep dive into their financials.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I concede that its time for a very deep dive into their financials.
    all that cash, just sitting there, is not very exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    all that cash, just sitting there, is not very exciting
    LOL Especially not with the autosum on the spreadsheet already adding up the various accounts for me...even the fun of counting it is gone lol

Worse was to come today when one of my mates (in a nice way) suggested I have no long term loyalty to any company and implied I was a bad dog, but said also a clever one so I suppose that's good..
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5A&FORM=WRVORC

What to do...I am so bored already...
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-02-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

No question the result was a bit disappointing and the outlook for no underlying profit growth in FY20 extremely disappointing, especially against a backdrop of what will likely be a full year of strong residential property price growth.

Despite all the sugar coating of talk of "investment" in staff...really I am over this so called "investment" in staff, why don't they just call it what it is, we faced substantial cost increases with staff.

Unsold new stock keeps rising year on year on year as does resale stock. Debt level's keep rising and rising and their land bank is actually looking quite excessive now for their build rate...I have to look at the numbers some more but something like 12 years land bank at the FY20 build rate is really looking excessive.

The expansion into Australia with all the necessary resources marked a major turning point in the growth rate of RYM and really has acted as a headwind for years for them. I expect the FY20 outlook reflects the human resource cost increase over there for SUM and I expect Australian development will be a big drag on earnings growth in FY21 as well.

To me it seems all the retirement companies are struggling to a greater or lesser extent to sell their units and I suspect the market is actually quite over supplied.

I have been on at Julian Cook for years that they need to change to a fixed fee for life model and he won't listen.

Bulcott Street hearing in June 2019 at the Environment court...they are still waiting on a decision. To me the system is broken when the Environment court takes more that 7 months to even make a decision...that's beyond ridiculous.

I have made major changes to my expectations of growth rates going forward and now see this growing in the 10-15% rage, similar to RYM going forward from FY21 onward.

Based on no growth in FY20 earnings this gives eps of 46.7 cps in FY20. It's clear this is not a $9 stock anymore so I am glad I sold two thirds of my stake in the last week for ~ $9 and the rest this morning.

I initial sense is I see fair value somewhere around $7 after a major reassessment of expected growth rates in the long term and no growth in FY20.
    To say I am disappointed would be a considerable understatement.

Disc: No shares left
    Confused . Is this the same beagle who told me off some weeks ago when I mentioned that SUM share price around $9 feels to get a bit ahead of itself? I sold at that stage part of my holding.

Looking into the report - revenue is pretty spot on where the analysts expected it to be and revenue (the real one - not the underlying) is even well ahead of analyst expectations.

NPAT kept climbing nicely and a RoE of above 15% looks good to me as well.

Industry has increasing tailwind (just look at these nice graphs with above 75's) ... and yes, while the talk about "investment into staff" might be as well some PC PR exercise, it is good to see their staff retention improving. This actually will save money. Recruitment and staff training is expensive.

Glad to see SP somehow de-hyped and moving towards fair value - if SUM behaves as in previous events there even might be soon some specials with a $6 handle available.

Looking forward to re-fill my boots again at the end of this dip ... good company, just a pity the share price is that much pushed around by traders.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 25-02-2020 at 05:44 PM. Reason: tidy up;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Most of my SUM are held for the long term and I intend it to stay that way.. I started collecting in 2012 ...jeez that’s a long time ago. Maybe I’m in love with SUM but really see no reason to divorce her. A bit like RBD I’ve kept most of some bought so long ago I can’t remember when

Over that time the share price has gone up by 24% pa.

On days like today I take solace from the chart below .....just says SUM still over priced at the moment but still trending up so why pack a sad now.

The red line is the linear regression line and the lines above and below are 1/2 STD DEV. Not a chart of log prices so Snowie will laugh his head off and say it’s rubbish.

Still have fun trading the swings with my punting money.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Confused . Is this the same beagle who told me off some weeks ago when I mentioned that SUM share price around $9 feels to get a bit ahead of itself? I sold at that stage part of my holding..
    Investing is all about backing your own judgement.

Big volume day with over 2 million shares smashed out the door. Maybe investors think the dream is over and they will struggle to even get RYM like growth in the very low teens after no growth at all in FY20

Maybe Rob and Julian could play this tune at the opening of the annual meeting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjBwAYIxUso Got to say something instead of claiming to be the fastest growing retirement company eh.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Most of my SUM are held for the long term and I intend it to stay that way.. I started collecting in 2012 ...jeez that’s a long time ago. Maybe I’m in love with SUM but really see no reason to divorce her. A bit like RBD I’ve kept most of some bought so long ago I can’t remember when

Over that time the share price has gone up by 24% pa.

On days like today I take solace from the chart below .....just says SUM still over priced at the moment but still trending up so why pack a sad now.

The red line is the linear regression line and the lines above and below are 1/2 STD DEV. Not a chart of log prices so Snowie will laugh his head off and say it’s rubbish.

Still have fun trading the swings with my punting money.
    Normally I would agree with you, and if it was not for this damn virus I would never have even considered selling my shares today. However there are just so many massive unknowns at present, and the price is going to be driven by factors beyond SUMs control. Technically I would not have sold until it got somewhere near your yellow line, but with everything that is happening I guess fear/greed/relief at selling took precedence.

You asked on another thread if I had been to St Mawes, used to go there all the time on the ferry from Falmouth, but did not recognise the other place name you mentioned.
    Last edited by ratkin; 25-02-2020 at 05:59 PM.