sharetrader
Page 899 of 970 FirstFirst ... 399799849889895896897898899900901902903909949 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 8,990 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You right - Julian's genius only seems to depend on SUM's share price ...

SUM going up: Julian clever, SUM going down: Julian dumb.

Just wondering how above axiom agrees with the Couta theorem (2*SUM + RYM)? I guess, why would RYM go up or down based on Julians cleverness of the day?
    The halo effect is always an interesting subject .... good guy that Edward Thorndike
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    But wait there's more,the reserve bank are looking at scrapping the 20% min deposit for home loans.Could well see land values on the rise again.
    ...but banks tightening up lending to only ‘credit worthy’ borrowers. (Whatever that means)

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ...but banks tightening up lending to only ‘credit worthy’ borrowers. (Whatever that means)
    It's all in the eye of the credit scoring formula, winner!

yes winners quite correct and with a lot of people taking pay cuts and of course the job losses the banks are going to have a problem finding credit worthy people to lend to.Perhaps this is why the reserve bank are looking at reducing the min deposit.(or even scrapping it)

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    But wait there's more,the reserve bank are looking at scrapping the 20% min deposit for home loans.Could well see land values on the rise again.
    Yep, it'll likely play into property investor's hands (at least the serious ones) more than say FHB's, assuming they drop the LVR requirements for that space too. Quite the pickle really for a government that set out to do the opposite. Still, CGT will be back on the table soon enough...especially after they bump Winnie out of the next government
    Last edited by Cyclical; 21-04-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Yep, it'll likely play into property investor's hands (at least the serious ones) more than say FHB's, assuming they drop the LVR requirements for that space too. Quite the pickle really for a government that set out to do the opposite. Still, CGT will be back on the table soon enough...

NZF won't allow a CGT & can't see Jacinda Adern going back on her word.

CGT's also have a lot of slippage & implementation & enforcement costs & possibly years to wait now for any meaningful revenue for the govt. So more about optics than practical benefit.
    With many asset prices under pressure, it could result in the converse effect of more tax being written off by taxpayers.

Increasing GST though would be very effective, as no govt collection costs, provides instant increased revenue stream from day one & no new law required, just increasing the existing percentage.

20% GST rate coming within a couple of years I reckon. Labour will ease the burden on low income families with some additional level of working for families payments.

Inflation will spike a bit.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

yeh definitely increased taxes are coming and consumption tax is very morally defensible.

I think the forums have caught corona coz everyone is posting everywhere , no thread respect anymore - why are we talking about taxes in a SUM thread hahah (I dont really care, j/k)
    Its like everyone has lockdown fever or something.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    yeh definitely increased taxes are coming and consumption tax is very morally defensible.

I think the forums have caught corona coz everyone is posting everywhere , no thread respect anymore - why are we talking about taxes in a SUM thread hahah (I dont really care, j/k)
    Its like everyone has lockdown fever or something.
    Peat - world is disorderly these days

Being structured (like keeping threads relevant) is so boring

Life’s more fun if one can post things where ever they like

Hope it stays that way

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    NZF won't allow a CGT...
    Sorry Blue Skies, you were probably tapping that one out while I was editing my post to read...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Still, CGT will be back on the table soon enough...especially after they bump Winnie out of the next government

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    ...& can't see Jacinda Adern going back on her word.
    You'd be a brave man/woman to bet on it. No disrespect to Cindy, but there's been a...what's that term they like to use...Material Adverse Change... If it does come back into view, I do hope they are up front about it prior to the election.