sharetrader
Page 91 of 970 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast

Yep - I'm just really comfortable owning this stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    Yep - I'm just really comfortable owning this stock.
    Here here me too, Goldstein

Great news once again MAC x4 , onwards and upwards

Cheers

Sellers have just dried up below $3.70

Banned

Looks like were heading for that $4 mark once end of year financials are out,Ryman trending down over last few days (see my thoughts on that over at last comment on Rym thread) what I'm really enjoying is for every cent Sum goes up I get an extra $1500 on the unrealized profit column so very happy

I thought we were going to be stuck at $3.65 for ever based on the volume available but it cleared very quickly. Big expectations leading up to report time.

Looking forward to postive results, everything historically has been tracking along well. I sold my portion at 3.600, played around with Wynard, now purchased back in for the long haul.

A good Idea to hold this stock. If you hold it long enough you will be able to afford to retire into one of their villages.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Certainly shows RYM outperforming over the longer term, BUT SUM doing better in the shorter term (particularly the last 3 months).
    NIce graphs, especially when compared to the Green line. What website are they from?

The 3 month one is influenced by the drop in RYM in the last few days, ignore that and RYM was even. Therefore a bit harsh to judge just on that - they cant be 100% positively correlated. One does have to wonder if being in an international index is effect RYM as Couta suggests. It will be interesting to see how they compare (add MET in there too) going forward.

Disc: happy to be holding all three in roughly equal amounts, especially when looking at the green line. It has been an outstanding sector.

Guru

Thanks Turmeric for the charts. I checked the ft.com site. They do some pretty good comparative charts. You can produce a chart with sum, met and rym plus the NZX50. They have a 5 year max though. I would attach screen caps here but I am not sure if I would be breaching their ToS. Interesting to see that over 5 years, even MET's returns exceed the NZX50.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Your comment made me take a look at the comparative performance of SUM v RYM over the last 2 years. I've posted the graphs which show the %gains in RYM, SUM and the NZX over 4 time frames; 2 years, 1 year, 6 months, and 3 months.

Certainly shows RYM outperforming over the longer term, BUT SUM doing better in the shorter term (particularly the last 3 months).

Longer term horizon is obviously the more important one and where the real money is made and what these graphs don't show is the even longer term (and far more significant) gains RYM has made over the last 5 years plus.

In saying that SUM has just become my larger holding of the two and it does appear that $4 is imminent.
    All appears in keeping with those who see RYM as overvalued and SUM undervalued, let's see if we do get some of that rotation in 2014.