sharetrader
Page 919 of 971 FirstFirst ... 419819869909915916917918919920921922923929969 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,190 of 9701
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

The quarter sale results soon will be VERY interesting and telling. All here will know I've gone ballistic on analyzing a certain other retirement company but I've also got sheets on this one too. The macro metrics are the same to all in the sector.

I'm expecting a total sales volume (new and resales total) in this update of 205 (PCP was 165). This large leap will be impressive if delivered.
    But this figure is only in keeping with normal sales then adjusted up for the gang buster monthly sales published by REINZ. Then its fine tuned for SUMs 28 % stock in Auckland , the rest ex Auckland. Sales growth in the last 3 months were almost double in Auckland than the rest of NZ- go MET (that should set Beagle off) and OCA with loads more %stock in Auckland.

IMO;

If the actual figure is lower than 205 then SUM has a worsening overstocking problem.
    If it's about 205 then they are simply riding the market in keeping with everyone else and their overstocking remains.
    If it is above 205 then SUM will be de-stocking it's excessive empty units at last .

No point getting too clever before the result but I'm just saying what will surely appear as a fantastic result won't necessarily mean it's all roses ahead.

I have said before, my opinion is SUM has had a build up of too much empty stock due to its growth plan of “ build even more than last year” which seems to have reached a NZ saturation point ( hence them spreading to Aussy).

Ironically , it's that very weakness of excessive unsold stock and empty paddocks that is now a strength as houses and land skyrocket.( Perhaps temporary , perhaps not...you make your own mind up on that one.)

Disc ,not holding but used to.. I'm neutral on SUM at $9.00, short term it is now becoming more dependent on property values for growth and looking further ahead their Aussy soiree makes me nervous. I believe it will still grow but nothing like it's fabulous CAGR of the past.

Last edited by Maverick; 06-10-2020 at 01:06 PM.

resales well up on last year , covid stress?
    one step ahead of the herd

Maverick said -

If it is above 205 then SUM will be de-stocking it's excessive empty units at last .....and .....what will surely appear as a fantastic result won't necessarily mean it's all roses ahead

IT WAS 225

That's pretty good .... and methinks it will be 'all roses ahead'
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maverick said -

If it is above 205 then SUM will be de-stocking it's excessive empty units at last .....and .....what will surely appear as a fantastic result won't necessarily mean it's all roses ahead

IT WAS 225

That's pretty good .... and methinks it will be 'all roses ahead'
    That's a stunning result Winner. I'm very impressed considering their sales where 165 pcp. The whole sector will be smelling Rose's today.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    That's a stunning result Winner. I'm very impressed considering their sales where 165 pcp. The whole sector will be smelling Rose's today.
    Hopefully everybody is getting good prices as well

Add back the negative value adjustments = boomer profits

Bit of a hint still about extra covid related costs though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

You'd think they'd pay back the wage subsidy given the big boom times?

A very good land purchase announced - a very pretty place to retire I'd say and you can walk down to your boat berthed at the marina and go fishing...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    You'd think they'd pay back the wage subsidy given the big boom times?
    Agree with u on this one.

can a 75+ yr old still reel in a big kingfish?
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    can a 75+ yr old still reel in a big kingfish?
    Take the grandkids - they can help.