sharetrader
Page 929 of 971 FirstFirst ... 429829879919925926927928929930931932933939 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,290 of 9703

yep sum has been by far the best performing stock this year in the retirement sector space
    one step ahead of the herd

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    SUM sp fast approaching RYM's, only a few dollars in it now
    And just shrugged off the CEO and Chairman resignations. Good eh

Coutts silly old wives tale relativity theory is dead for all time as I predicted it would be many times. That said $97m (at the mid point of forecast) underlying profit is just 42.4 cps.
    My read on the forecast tea leaves is that fourth quarter sales are not all that crash hot and the forecasted result is a not insignificant reduction on last years $106.2m.
    At $11.14 they currently trade on 1114 / 42.4 cps = 26 times forecast earnings. I was thinking I might get some SUM back into my portfolio for 2021 and confess to have been wrestling with this dilemma and have felt ambivalent about it for quite some time. Their fairly modest forecast was very timely and resolved my dilemma very well.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-12-2020 at 04:49 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

SUM / ARV last to report full year result with Covid implication included so hard to be judgemental at this stage, esp now wage subsidy not included in earnings.

Mind you I thought H2 might be a bit stronger than forecast but being about the same as last year is a good effort ...probably covid disruptions / costs etc are still being incurred.

And Couta’s theorem is about reversion to the mean (not a rule for every day) ....it probably will happen one day and the theorem will still hold
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    That is for the individual to decide where there 'moral outrage' lies.
    True. If the subsidy was lawfully obtained, then any repayment is up to the companies involved.

While companies repay wages subsidies lawfully taken, covid measures, together with policy and tax settings, have probably ensured that NZ house price growth outstrips wages growth for at least the next five years. Even Labour PM Ardern says that Kiwis expect house prices to continue to rise. A gift to home owners and property investors. It is little wonder such premium in NZ is attached to real estate ownership compared to owning business and shares.

Government forecasts five years of house price growth, outstripping wage growthhttps://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ng-wage-growth
    Last edited by Bjauck; 17-12-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    How people spend their own money, & who's butt they kiss is their prerogative.

All I ask for tho, is that when its time to put the live crays in the pot, the water is already fully boiling.
    Witnessing the result of them going into cold or tepid water, to be bought up to boil is not a pretty sight.
    Especially inside a kitchen, where despite chopping boards & other pots & pans heaped on top of the boil pot, they still manage to escape!
    Boiling live crayfishes - savages and peasants do that.

Do it the right way - chill down in the fridge/freezer and dispatch, Japanese & Asian style.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    That is for the individual to decide where there 'moral outrage' lies.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/barry-...S4JDX6Q6SDCNQ/

This is the state of moral outrage in NZ today - an innocent man's life is destroyed by a false and malicious accusation but Cynical Cindy stands by the bastard who did it, Trevor Mallard.

"Next year he'll (Mallard) survive a vote with Labour's majority and with mother of kindness, well-being and transparency Jacinda Ardern saying he simply made a mistake and he's the man for the job. The man he maligned is out of a job and if now suffering ill health."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Do it the right way - chill down in the fridge/freezer and dispatch, Japanese & Asian style.
    Better still, become a vegetarian and leave them to live their life free from humans that are hell bent on destroying the planet. Not that it is anything directly to do with Summerset.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 17-12-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Better still, become a vegetarian and leave them to live their life free from humans that are hell bent on destroying the planet. Not that it is anything to do with Summerset.
    If you are that way inclined, go vegan and live in a tree house?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

I'll pass that on to the S & P's.
    Its about time they had some Balance in their lives.