sharetrader
Page 952 of 971 FirstFirst ... 452852902942948949950951952953954955956962 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,520 of 9701

Long time Sum holder, very happy with the result. Market is pricing in reduced sales/profitability going forward which I think makes sense, but it is not here yet.

Guru

Will it ever to get to MR B's 9.

Doesnt look like it and they are busy little builders knocking up many more.

The big motorway in the wakatoo has its big signs being installed.

Mid Wakatoo to become a retirement village centre? All that fog or will global warming change it climate to become a warmer zone?

"Blenheim" can be pretty cold in winter.

"Summerset starts construction at three new sites in 2022, Blenheim
    (Marlborough), Cambridge (Waikato) and Waikanae (Kapiti Coast) and will
    continue construction at 13 other sites around New Zealand. Construction
    began last year at Summerset's first Australian site, Cranbourne North in
    Melbourne."

Last edited by Waltzing; 13-04-2022 at 07:34 PM.

Market not too impressed with solid sales numbers .... but at least share price hasn't collapsed

I see an analyst has come out with a target price of $15.85 for Ryman ..... on same multiples that would put SUM on a share price of $21.00

That sounds good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

analyst...

the market hasnt fallen for them yet... and in the case of AIR they believe the marketing on the wings.

a lone voice in the wilderness.

Last edited by Waltzing; 14-04-2022 at 11:12 PM.

Anyone have an opinion on a good entry price for a new SUM holder? Personally I'd love to see it test low $9 again.
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

If you bring up a chart for 1 year on direct broking you'll see they've been in a downtrend from about $15.60 since September last year but have been trying to build a base in the low to mid $11's for a couple of months now.

The 100 day moving average (dark line) is about $12.30.

Rather than trying to pick the low my plan is to wait as long as it takes for a new uptrend to emerge as evidenced by SUM breaking up through its declining 100 day trendline.

One thing to be cautious about this year is the Govt are yet to release the results of their review of the retirement sector and any legislative changes from that could have a meaningful impact.

I think SUM is a fabulous stock in the long term but in the short term the sentiment in this sector is very weak with rapidly declining house prices and the pending sector review.

I'd love to see this with a 9 handle again and then back up the truck but I think a 10 handle might be as cheap as its gets, time will tell.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-04-2022 at 04:47 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

If SUM share price falls below $11.16 the downtrend which started last August will still be place

Needs a close above $11.80 to sort of say the downtrend is over

Trend theory says there's got to be something really positive (for downtrends) for the trend to end ---- but we won't be hearing much detail from SUM until July and August so it could be down trending for a while yet. There is a AGM coming up but SUM meetings are the most boring ones there are.

I nearly fell asleep during the last AGM I attended with SUM lol
    Wasn't really their fault, I had to get up early to get across Auckland's nightmare traffic to get an early flight down there.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...097/369352.pdf
    Great company but its difficult to see what the catalyst is for a breakout one way or the other. Probably good buying at the current price but I suspect the share price is simply front running quite a substantial fall in the real estate market over the next 12-24 months.

Back in the day I used to really enjoy a good chat with Julian Cook every annual meeting.
    Scott's a very bright guy too but Julian was an especially likeable rogue, in my opinion.

Might go to the next annual meeting if Covid has died down enough to be safe and come down and have a beer with you Winner. Its been far too long since we caught up. Be good to give Scott a pat on the back too. I think he's doing a very good job.

I suspect seeing as SUM is a real favorite with the institutions that the share price may continue to remain under pressure as significant numbers of people switch their Kiwisaver fund to a conservative one during the current market volatility.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-04-2022 at 04:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Today SUM had its ASM ….seem to have passed without anybody noticing …..even me lol

looks like 1100 is holding today

Down trend still in play ....lower low etc

break below that and sub 1000 beckons