sharetrader
Page 740 of 970 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744750790840 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 9698
    Banned

Craig's will be loving this double ticket clipping from all their poorly advised Lemmings. PS-They will probably put out a buy note in a month or so.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Craig's will be loving this double ticket clipping from all their poorly advised Lemmings. PS-They will probably put out a buy note in a month or so.
    They have good potential to move a market, with buy/sell advice. Imagine how many managed clients they would have moved out of SUM and into something else. Not picking on Craigs - others would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    BUY 14/11/2017 2,200 NZD 468

Seems like quite a short time ago I bought some for $4.68.
    I wouldn’t be totally shocked should they head back there.
    If they got anywhere near it....I’ll buy more.
    Yes I was just reflecting on that low this morning mate just after Labour were gifted power by Winston Peter's when I also bought some. Back then everyone thought the end of the world was upon us and since then over the last 18 months they have grown earnings and assets considerably. Taking that into account I would think anywhere around $5.00 would be taking advantage of an exceptional long term opportunity.

No worries Balance, this time its different as the market overall is still going up...you are not the first person to make the mistake of thinking Auckland real estate is a proxy for the national average and you won't be the last. They have villages spread throughout many parts of N.Z. including 2 in the fast growing Nelson area.

I see the market has finally woken up and realised that the mighty RYM operates in ostensibly the same market as the others lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-04-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes I was just reflecting on that low this morning mate just after Labour were gifted power by Winston Peter's when I also bought some. Back then everyone thought the end of the world was upon us and since then over the last 18 months they have grown earnings and assets considerably. Taking that into account I would think anywhere around $5.00 would be taking advantage of an exceptional long term opportunity.

No worries Balance, this time its different as the market overall is still going up...you are not the first person to make the mistake of thinking Auckland real estate is a proxy for the national average and you won't be the last. They have villages spread throughout many parts of N.Z. including 2 in the fast growing Nelson area.

I see the market has finally woken up and realised that the mighty RYM operates in ostensibly the same market as the others lol
    Real estate players will tell you - Where Auckland goes, the rest of NZ follows.

Anyway, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Real estate players will tell you - Where Auckland goes, the rest of NZ follows.

Where did you get the data regarding house prices.
    Take a look at this link. Though 2 months old.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...time-high.html

Quote Originally Posted by tuaman View Post
    Where did you get the data regarding house prices.
    Take a look at this link. Though 2 months old.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...time-high.html
    Asking price vs selling price - two entirely different things!

Properties prices are being sold at discounted prices in Auckland - fact.

A contact of mine recently bought a nice bungalow in Glendowie for 15% below CV. Yet another bought a rental unit near Sylvia Park for $100k below CV - $500k vs $600k. All in the last 2 months.

I should know - I was there to advise on the offer prices!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If SUM properties were revalued down by a mere 5% that PE of 5.9;would blow out big time ....probably over 20
    Probably the most pertinent post of today!

Asking price vs selling price - two entirely different things!

Properties prices are being sold at discounted prices in Auckland - fact.

A contact of mine recently bought a nice bungalow in Glendowie for 15% below CV. Yet another bought a rental unit near Sylvia Park for $100k below CV - $500k vs $600k. All in the last 2 months.

I should know - I was there to advise on the offer prices!
    But, that is only one (or two) transactions while I am talking about overall data.
    Everybody knows Auckland's weak market for sellers but other areas hit all time high!

Its simply not happening Balance. Have a look at some of the regional prices like Nelson as just one example that's on fire. The national average house price in N.Z. is up 2.5% year on year March 2018 to March 2019. That is a statistical FACT. Real estate agents opinion are quite frankly in my opinion worth a dime a dozen.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-04-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Not at all because these companies are valued based on underlying profit not IFRS profit a subject that ahs been well discussed on this forum before.

Lets just all ignore the facts that the national average house price is still going up shall we
    Ignore the bell ringing from Auckland, right?

Oh well, some will be right and some will be wrong.

I am happy to be out of what I believe will be a declining property market for the next 3 to 5 years.

Not often one gets the bell being rung!

PS. Check out the Hamilton property market, the bell is also ringing - very loudly!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cat...ch_suggested=0
    Last edited by Balance; 09-04-2019 at 02:49 PM.