sharetrader
Page 647 of 970 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    reckon you might be better off buying a shot-gun if the banking system fails. it would be anarchy
    Ok I will make that a shotgun with a gold stock. That should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    You forgot to mention Gold. From time to time I think about buying a gold bar or Two. If concerned about security it could be buried in the garden much like a dog buries a bone.
    Maybe one for the garden and one as a paper weight for the office.
    If I could just remember where I buried my gold I wouldn't need to go to the office.

Advanced Member

Nice finish to the day SUM at $7.61 and an all time high of $7.72 seen today. $8 by the end of next month and getting on the way (but about 3/5 years time) to catching up to Rymans sp unless something drastically goes wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Nice finish to the day SUM at $7.61 and an all time high of $7.72 seen today. $8 by the end of next month and getting on the way (but about 3/5 years time) to catching up to Rymans sp unless something drastically goes wrong.
    Index rebalance drove the price today as it did with a few other stocks. As for catching Ryman, no offense but that's a fantasy(Bar another share split) I'd bet some good coin on it. PS-Think what the RYM share price would be right now hadn't they had a 5:1share split and compare that with SUM.
    Last edited by couta1; 15-06-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Index rebalance drove the price today as it did with a few other stocks. As for catching Ryman, no offense but that's a fantasy(Bar another share split) I'd bet some good coin on it.
    I won’t put any coin on it, but I have put it in my diary for 3 years time to see where the price will be out of interest. Out of interest what price do you see Summerset and Ryman being in 3 years time?

Banned

I won’t put any coin on it, but I have put it in my diary for 3 years time to see where the price will be out of interest. Out of interest what price do you see Summerset and Ryman being in 3 years time?
    RYM around $20 and SUM around $12. PS-Forgot to mention OCA which I see at $2.50 in 3 yrs.
    Last edited by couta1; 15-06-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Guru

As you may know, sum retirement village operators are having a Auckland wide open day today at their villages. I went for a tour around sum Hobsonville facility today. As you may also know, I have been a slight critic of SUM in the past, namely as I have been a bit skeptical of their 40+% growth rates continuing due to a few factors, such as arguable high (compared to sum others) gearing and how this could be impact when/if price growth slowed down and/or if interest rates rose.

However, although I will not go into details, I was fairly impressed" would be the best 4 words to sum it up... so much so that if OCA wasn't so cheap (and I also had some cash for investment), I would be putting myself on sum other share registers.
    The sum puns are definitely far to overused, although still much better than Bupa's facilities... one of which is having an open day tomorrow I think.

I had a good look around Hobsonville about this time last year and also came away impressed especially with their north facing waterfront homes.

Shares are up 50% since then but are still SUMwhat cheap compared to RYM on a forward PE of 17 v 25 for RYM.

OCA do look to have the most short term potential though at present but are unproven so only time will tell.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

And the shares keep rising. How nice

Banned

And the shares keep rising. How nice
    Perhaps those wanting to buy at current prices may want to consider waiting a couple of weeks until the Q2 sales metrics are released, you could pick them up cheaper then.