sharetrader
Page 781 of 970 FirstFirst ... 281681731771777778779780781782783784785791831881 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,810 of 9698

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/home...cid=spartandhp
    National medium price up 6.4% year on year and unchanged from March. Hardly the massive fall that the naysayers keep predicting but I am sure some will twist these statistics to read whatever they want to read out of them.
    https://reinz.co.nz/residential-property-data-gallery
    Canterbury up 4.3% YOY and Auckland flat.

As we know from SSH notices Kingfish have added to their position in SUM http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...516/299801.pdf

Westpac economist predicts house price increase of 7% https://tmmonline.nz/article/9765148...t+will+rebound
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-05-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Yup, you know what it is time for. Another picture!
    From 12 April

And todays picture

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    From 12 April

And todays picture
    No this can't be right MM, there must be a mistake in there somewhere, surely ?...National medium price up year on year 4.5% last month but now up YOY by 6.4% April 2018 to April 2019. Wait, this trend is for the medium rate of increase to be actually increasing, surely not !...This cannot be right as everyone tells me the sky is falling on real estate and its falling off the edge of a cliff
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No this can't be right MM, there must be a mistake in there somewhere, surely ?...National medium price up year on year 4.5% last month but now up YOY by 6.4% April 2018 to April 2019. Wait, this trend is for the medium rate of increase to be actually increasing, surely not !...This cannot be right as everyone tells me the sky is falling on real estate and its falling off the edge of a cliff
    I guess that is the difference between uninformed opinion and fact. (Look also at all the little "r"s in the wee circles . A few upwards records there as well.

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

It is a perfect time to accumulate. Contrarian maybe but then I look at the Real Estate figures minimoke posted and I wonder if am I contrarian at all? Then you look at interest rates and WBC saying they expect an accelerating housing market... fill your boots at this price

Will Julian continue to use days to sell as his excuse for poor sales?

I think that’s wearing a bit thin.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    It is a perfect time to accumulate. Contrarian maybe but then I look at the Real Estate figures minimoke posted and I wonder if am I contrarian at all? Then you look at interest rates and WBC saying they expect an accelerating housing market... fill your boots at this price
    Kingfish fund managers think so and have added significantly to their position.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-05-2019 at 01:03 PM.

From those REINZ reports HPI for April is DOWN 1.2% from March (akl down 2.1% and rest of NZ down 0.4%)

Number of sales in April down 11% from a year ago and numbers have trending down for a whole now. High correlation between number of house sales and house prices so current trend a bit of a worry....unless the number of sales pick up from here.

Doesn’t always pay to get carried away by the headlines .....esp comparing things to a year ago.
    Last edited by winner69; 14-05-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Kingfish fund managers think so and have added significantly to their position.
    Yes SUM are pretty good value at current price.

Esp if Julian pulls finger and gets things moving along a bit faster