sharetrader
Page 721 of 970 FirstFirst ... 221621671711717718719720721722723724725731771821 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 9699

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Index rebalancing day they say
    No that's tomorrow in the closing match process mate. 9x the average daily volume done now.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Does anybody have any idea why there was such a big drop this morning? Plunged to $6.560 at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No that's tomorrow in the closing match process mate. 9x the average daily volume done now.
    Huge volume in SPk as well as sb9 mentioned rebalancing
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

looking for dip my toes in the retirement village sector after recent downturn.. any suggestions? i was in Rym 2 yrs ago but sold after 20% profit (too early). thinking about either sum or met, will do my own research later but any ideas are appreciated.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    looking for dip my toes in the retirement village sector after recent downturn.. any suggestions? i was in Rym 2 yrs ago but sold after 20% profit (too early). thinking about either sum or met, will do my own research later but any ideas are appreciated.
    imho, medium, long term, you can't go wrong with any of them, but OCA most undervalued at moment.
    Award winning care & cheerful, committed, engaged staff (have been v impressed by them), huge assets, very smart management with lots of skin in the game, and lo & behold some of them have been adding to their existing large holdings at present sp levels.
    And a good dividend yield.
    Disc hold both SUM & OCA & not selling either.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 15-03-2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the good dividend yield as well

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    I think there is plenty of information in the relevant threads.

In a nutshell: MET looks cheap at face value, but there might be good reasons for that (leaking homes ...); SUM and OCA do have different business models (and are therefore quite uncorrelated) but look at this stage in my view both certainly worthwhile to consider. OCA might be a steal at current prices. RYM is the gold standard and priced accordingly. Less risks, less rewards. ARV: may or may not be worthwhile to research, I have not really a view on them (but a bad first impression ...

As always - nobody can predict tomorrows share prices and even good looking companies might slip further ...

Disc: hold some SUM, lots of OCA and INA on the ASX ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-03-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

First NZ have lightened their holding.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    First NZ have lightened their holding.
    I guess with their holding size it does make sense for them to sell into uptrends. They might have bought these shares for below $3 and just wanted to realise some of their gains.

Nice to see that the share price keeps rising ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

SUM the proven long term performer rides to my rescue to give me some much needed happiness...what a marvellous track record it has since it listed way back in 2011 !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks all.