sharetrader
Page 788 of 970 FirstFirst ... 288688738778784785786787788789790791792798838888 ... LastLast
Results 7,871 to 7,880 of 9698

Damn, below 5.50 she goes chart doesn't look great.

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    Damn, below 5.50 she goes chart doesn't look great.
    the die hard believers are very quiet on SUM , OCA now. gone quiet like the property market
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    the die hard believers are very quiet on SUM , OCA now. gone quiet like the property market
    Even my favourite milky share is looking a bit watery today so it's not just SUM specific.PS-No I dont own any of these.

Had a very busy day and not even had time to look at RYM result in any depth at all. I see despite the very modest 12% increase in underlying profit, again undershooting their stated medium term target of 15% growth per annum, RYM at least in shareholders eyes can do no wrong and it gets to keep its market darling status despite growing considerably slower than SUM.

As a numbers man I believe eventually sentiment is less powerful than earnings and eventually the market will wake up to the numbers and growth SUM is generating and this old wives tale nonsense of it must trade at 40-60% of RYM will be confined to the annuals of folklore history where it belongs. I can't tell you which month or year this will happen, but if SUM keeps posting better growth numbers eventually the gap between the companies will close. I am in for the long haul with this one so as far as I am concerned whether this happens this decade or next it matters little to me other than it will happen as eventually the share price of all companies follows earnings per share.

Others will continue to cling to their theories on relative price and point to years of evidence to justify their opinion and that's fine.

I am not buying more and neither am I selling.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-05-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

The thing is Beagle the Couta Theorum is iron clad and time proven, your hopes are not. PS - Is hope really a strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The thing is Beagle the Couta Theorum is iron clad and time proven, your hopes are not. PS - Is hope really a strategy.
    Not too long before SUM’s growth will be much the same as RYM’s

Growth rates are affected by big numbers and little numbers.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Share prices follow earnings eventually my friend. In time, you'll see.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Share prices follow earnings eventually my friend. In time, you'll see.
    Share prices follow sentiment being greed and fear, euphoria and melancholy.
    Last edited by couta1; 24-05-2019 at 03:52 PM.

No - just enjoying my ride on PLX at the moment. Rest of market down - gloomy US tide dropping everyone at the moment.

I assume you noticed that if RYM result was the cause of the share price fall today it’s spooky that SUM went down by the same %age ......maintaining that relativity.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”