sharetrader
Page 787 of 970 FirstFirst ... 287687737777783784785786787788789790791797837887 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,870 of 9699

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day lol
    Yep I get excited every now and again when I look at the lovely Omega watch I’ve left on the dresser for many years ......especially when I look at 5.23 and say heck it still keeps good time
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But when it comes down to it we believe the things we read that are seen to be positive for SUM eh ...gives us the warm fuzzies eh.
    Yep its called investor bias and calls one prediction a fact

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yep its called investor bias and calls one prediction a fact
    Plenty of non holders seem to be able to twist and contort the national average housing figures from REINZ showing medium national house prices up 6.5% for the year into the FACT that housing is falling off the edge of a cliff and in cataclysmic collapse
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

House near me just sold in least than two weeks on the market.

Went past SUM's Avonhead development yesterday. Looking good. Thought the motorway noise might be an issue. But its not.

Nice short stroll down to Avonhead Mall for the supermarket, bookshop and hairdresser. 5 Minutes away from airport (for all the overseas adventures residents can still enjoy). 3 minutes away from motorway on ramps to head north or south.

It will be a great development

Plenty of non holders seem to be able to twist and contort the national average housing figures from REINZ showing medium national house prices up 6.5% for the year into the FACT that housing is falling off the edge of a cliff and in cataclysmic collapse
    ...but only up 1% from November’s median of $579k to April’s $585k ....in USA lingo annualised 2.4%

Not a cataclysmic collapse ..unlike the SUM share price cataclysmic collapse of 23% from a year ago
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Thats a radical prediction sounding like fact. Using the c words.Sounds like a lemming mockumentary. Im GUESSING a minor drop this year. But then there is the global warming urgency starting to build, could impact capitalism somewhat; c words more pertinent there imo.

Thats a radical prediction sounding like fact. Using the c words.Sounds like a lemming mockumentary. Im GUESSING a minor drop this year. But then there is the global warming urgency starting to build, could impact capitalism somewhat; c words more pertinent there imo.
    Global warming is not a problem for SUM (or OCA on Windermere for that matter) buyers in Christchurch. Our local council has declared a Climate Emergency and they are now well positioned to deal with the problem. All good in this neck of the woods - expecting property values to increase on the back of this comforting position taken by the Council

Banned

Um dont you mean climate change it's not all about warming some places are getting cooler. PS-I see the Aussies have given the middle finger to the over exuberant policies of the Labour Govt on climate change and aligned themselves with the Trumpet in their thinking ie Economy comes first.

Veteran novice

Despite today's low interest rates I can't see house prices taking off again. There's a point at which repayments become unaffordable without higher incomes, slowing and eventually halting price rises. I don't see economic prospects supporting significantly higher wages and salaries.

Wonder if decline in sales would affect SUM nay their sales numbers are perfect ........

https://www.reinz.co.nz/Media/Defaul...ril%202019.pdf

Key Data Summary

Volume Sold Year-on-Year
    Volume Sold Month-on-Month