sharetrader
Page 662 of 970 FirstFirst ... 162562612652658659660661662663664665666672712762 ... LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 9699
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    That was rather a large red cliff to end the week on - I do hope none of the residents wandered off it in their fairie walking.
    Napier has an eight year waiting list for a Summerset unit (very sad) I have been told by a neighbour enquiring. I don’t know if that includes the new Summerset..As many said a tsunami of elderly needing accommodation in this part of the country....... Longterm you cannot lose in these sort of businesses. I would not worry about the lows on this share unless you need your money in a hurry.

Default On Track to build 450 Units this year

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Sounds good, doesn't it? Though on track to sell 450 (new) units would sound still better :
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 07-08-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Sounds good, doesn't it? Though on track to sell 450 (new) units would sound still better :
    Build it and they will come
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

I see that Boulcott still gets a mention as a "greenfields site". I wonder what the current state of play is there?

HY results coming soon, I have a few questions on this one at the moment in terms of buying more of a position. I already have a large position. It went from being very undervalued late last year to now perhaps having a 'fair' valuation for the history of its own company bordering on over valued.

The sales/resale numbers are very weak and infact down on last year so far so I'm assuming development margins are staying strong or getting stronger. On a forward PE basis based on the low end on the guidance normalised for the whole year (21% growth in underlying earnings), its looking at about an 18. I know historically, the 2H results are weighed higher but being conservative we revert back to this range imo forward PE of 16-18 which is still very good buying. Is it better buying than OCA though?

I also wonder what Ryman has done to warrant such a high PE vs the rest of the market. Will we see SUM over the next few years because valued on such a high regard? From what I know RYM is a darling with the insto's.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    HY results coming soon, I have a few questions on this one at the moment in terms of buying more of a position. I already have a large position. It went from being very undervalued late last year to now perhaps having a 'fair' valuation for the history of its own company bordering on over valued.

The sales/resale numbers are very weak and infact down on last year so far so I'm assuming development margins are staying strong or getting stronger. On a forward PE basis based on the low end on the guidance normalised for the whole year (21% growth in underlying earnings), its looking at about an 18. I know historically, the 2H results are weighed higher but being conservative we revert back to this range imo forward PE of 16-18 which is still very good buying. Is it better buying than OCA though?

I also wonder what Ryman has done to warrant such a high PE vs the rest of the market. Will we see SUM over the next few years because valued on such a high regard? From what I know RYM is a darling with the insto's.
    Value - I think you answered you own questions
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Value - I think you answered you own questions
    I think either of those 3 long term will do well, just the one that will end up being top % gain wise will be interesting in 10 years time

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I think either of those 3 long term will do well, just the one that will end up being top % gain wise will be interesting in 10 years time
    And that's why Ryman is rated comparatively higher - it has the longterm success on the board!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    And that's why Ryman is rated comparatively higher - it has the longterm success on the board!
    Peaked early in the boomer bubble - leaving room for SUM underdogs to come through and take the cake?