sharetrader
Page 757 of 970 FirstFirst ... 257657707747753754755756757758759760761767807857 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,570 of 9700

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...427/298500.pdf
    Their very latest monthly update released this morning might have some insights

Agree 100% BP. I can now disclose I have a significant number of Kingfish warrants. I would like SUM more but I have leaned not to let the cat out of the bag until at earliest, most of the buying is done.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-04-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

failure to rise back above $6 this week will confirm the breakdown thru support in my analysis. watching for the CGT release soon this could have a big downside risk for these stocks
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    failure to rise back above $6 this week will confirm the breakdown thru support in my analysis. watching for the CGT release soon this could have a big downside risk for these stocks
    I don't think you understand CGT.

Why would you think that any form of CGT would impact on the retirement village providers?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Why would you think that any form of CGT would impact on the retirement village providers?
    why because if they introduce a CGT on investment property it will affect the property market by reducing the sales as not as many buyers any more for property. history shows sustained drop in sales leads to lower property prices at some stage.

If anyone doesnt understand property market affects these stocks , i suggest you need to better understand them
    Last edited by bull....; 17-04-2019 at 08:44 AM.

why because if they introduce a CGT on investment property it will affect the property market by reducing the sales as not as many buyers any more for property. history shows sustained drop in sales leads to lower property prices at some stage.

If anyone doesnt understand property market affects these stocks , i suggest you need to better understand them
    So true mate........and it doesn’t have to be a sustained drop in sales ...the relationship between sales and price intrinsically linked in short / medium term time frames as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

LOL - The US have a CGT - and property prices in New York are cheap? The UK has a CGT - but only the Brexit circus brought London property prices down. Australia has a CGT (since 1985) ... and yes, more than 30 years after introducing it Sydney property prices start to go down (but not due to the CGT).

Do you have any evidence to offer or is this just your usual down ramping?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

The effective tax rate of about zero percent for many retirement village operators means there is always a potential risk if tax laws change. If they build and own but don't sell a CGT based on realised sale profits shouldn't be a problem. The difficulty would be of the sale of occupation rights was classified in such a way it was considered a property sale but I wasn't aware of that being an option on the table.

why because if they introduce a CGT on investment property
    There is already a CGT on investment property via the Brightline test.

LOL - The US have a CGT - and property prices in New York are cheap? The UK has a CGT - but only the Brexit circus brought London property prices down. Australia has a CGT (since 1985) ... and yes, more than 30 years after introducing it Sydney property prices start to go down (but not due to the CGT).

Do you have any evidence to offer or is this just your usual down ramping?
    Just his usual bull.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-04-2019 at 09:37 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    There is already a CGT on investment property via the Brightline test.
    brightline is for a defined period after which it is tax free , CGT means you pay tax no matter how long you hold it. very big difference

CGT has very real implications