sharetrader
Page 657 of 970 FirstFirst ... 157557607647653654655656657658659660661667707757 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 9700
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Couta1, while reversion to the mean is an important principle, if it always held then nothing would ever change over the long term!

The entropy of the universe is always increasing after all!
    It's also about the ratio between the companies so you can have both increase and reversion to the mean at the same time. Anyway winner and myself will be able to have a wee celebration once SUM gets back into that 50-60% band and Beagle will be packing his bags for a wee holiday.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Very, very sad to see such a high future proportion of over 65's are expected to be renters and lonely. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp Perhaps SUM company will come up with "a basic solution renters package" as part of what they otherwise do ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Very, very sad to see such a high future proportion of over 65's are expected to be renters and lonely. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp Perhaps SUM company will come up with "a basic solution renters package" as part of what they otherwise do ?
    Agree Beagle and they often end up in houses far exceeding their needs in size. There is far too little emphasis on this fact, when politicians discuss solutions to the "housing crisis". Much more should be done to try to move this part of society into more suitable and comfortable homes and freeing up larger houses for more needy smaller families.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Good eh ggcc

Love the phrase “farming the elderly” for profit.

Like may it continue and hopefully they can get even more productive at it and screw even more dollars out of them.

Oldies aren’t forced into a village .....and punters who think its evil investing in the sector just need to tell themselves they’re providing a public service that the government is happy they do.
    Last edited by winner69; 14-07-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good eh ggcc

Love the phrase “farming the elderly” for profit.

Like may it continue and hopefully they can get even more productive at it and screw even more dollars out of them.

Oldies aren’t forced into a village .....and punters who think its evil investing in the sector just need to tell themselves they’re providing a public service that the government is happy they do.
    I really sounds that this journalist find it disgusting that a business makes money. Does this person understand reputable retirement villages get you to see an independent lawyer to go through the process of getting a unit? New Zealand villages seem to want to be fair and transparent.

As you mentioned they are “providing a public service” and we all want the elderly well cared for. That costs money and someone has to do it.

I would like to see what people find excessive profits??? When nearly all the money is put back into expanding, to cover the shortfall of (cost affective) units necessary to care for the elderly.

I really sounds that this journalist find it disgusting that a business makes money. Does this person understand reputable retirement villages get you to see an independent lawyer to go through the process of getting a unit? New Zealand villages seem to want to be fair and transparent.

As you mentioned they are “providing a public service” and we all want the elderly well cared for. That costs money and someone has to do it.

I would like to see what people find excessive profits??? When nearly all the money is put back into expanding, to cover the shortfall of (cost affective) units necessary to care for the elderly.
    Of course the profits are excessive ggcc ....otherwise the likes of you wouldn’t be investing in this social service

That’s the way the game is played

Need to be careful spellcheck changes ggcc to Gucci ...cool eh

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Of course the profits are excessive ggcc ....otherwise the likes of you wouldn’t be investing in this social service

That’s the way the game is played

Need to be careful spellcheck changes ggcc to Gucci ...cool eh
    Haha. Gucci.......

Of course I invest in this, but government legislation impacting their bottom line, thus slowing their growth could make me change my mind very quickly.

Who would the loser be in that scenario........
    Last edited by Ggcc; 14-07-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Haha. Gucci.......

Of course I invest in this, but government legislation impacting their bottom line, thus slowing their growth could make me change my mind very quickly.

Who would the loser be in that scenario........
    ...obviously not you eh ggcc