sharetrader
Page 708 of 970 FirstFirst ... 208608658698704705706707708709710711712718758808 ... LastLast
Results 7,071 to 7,080 of 9699
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Very unlikely. New sales have disappointed for 6 quarters now...more than enough for any seasoned investor to ask, is this a trend ?
    .......yet chose not to give any profit guidance for FY18, unlike both previous years...that's got to be a worry and I would be fretting if I was a shareholder.
    Do you recon that the fact they haven't upgraded their forecast this year is because they are only obliged to notify the NZSX of upgrades using their NPAT result rather than the underlying profit figures? (which is the number we tend to be concerned with in this forum.)
    I can fully understand their NPAT not increasing much, which would not be a concern to me.
    Maybe tomorrow the great mystery will be revealed?

I see where you are coming from mate but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Fact is to the best of my recollection they have not at any stage in 2018 had an official 2018 profit forecast in the market for the year so their requirement to update doesn't apply. I hope the fact that they didn't issue one isn't as worrisome as it appears at face value. Maybe they're just being conservative this year and will surprise everyone ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Do you recon that the fact they haven't upgraded their forecast this year is because they are only obliged to notify the NZSX of upgrades using their NPAT result rather than the underlying profit figures? (which is the number we tend to be concerned with in this forum.)
    I can fully understand their NPAT not increasing much, which would not be a concern to me.
    Maybe tomorrow the great mystery will be revealed?
    When SUM do issue guidances it is for underlying profit (with a note that NPAT is more difficult to forecast etc etc). They did provide a H1 guidance last year.

If they do 700 sales in total I reckon underlying profit will be over $100m plus ...plenty of past years gains to be realised.
    Last edited by winner69; 08-01-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Thanks Winner. I reckon the market is in for a pleasant surprise on this one. I know that's against the superior wisdom on this forum but I just can't see it going off the rails this fast in such a target rich environment backed up with great history

Thanks Winner. I reckon the market is in for a pleasant surprise on this one. I know that's against the superior wisdom on this forum but I just can't see it going off the rails this fast in such a target rich environment backed up with great history
    Agree ....$100m plus underlying profit on the cards. Not too bad compared to last years $82m

Okay, I'll play "Goose". Hope its $110m+ as that'll light the afterburner on OCA
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Summerset #5 on the top 200 residential builders list. All the listed retirement village companies are high on the list. SUM not far behind #1 Ryman with similar number and value of projects.

Interesting to see the average value of projects. Some are obviously apartment blocks.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12175472
    Last edited by artemis; 08-01-2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: fixed URL

Okay, I'll play "Goose". Hope its $110m+ as that'll light the afterburner on OCA
    ...ohhhh ... do behave

Conversely if it’s a ‘shocker’ and only $90m odd there is bound to be an ‘aftershock’ with the OCA share price tumbling under the buck mark

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Conversely if it’s a ‘shocker’ and only $90m odd there is bound to be an ‘aftershock’ with the OCA share price tumbling under the buck mark
    Different business model's mate. Very different.