sharetrader
Page 795 of 970 FirstFirst ... 295695745785791792793794795796797798799805845895 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,950 of 9698

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Hell of a big transaction just took place $52,000,000??
    Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    And crossed at $5.30 a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hopefully the market will start to look forward again,and when SUM's sp downtrend reverses, it will be time to buy back in.
    in my experience , quite frequently the crossing of a significant parcel eventuates in a trend reversal
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

More importantly, what the hell is going on in Gisborne? up 54%? Whole region going long on the legalisation of Marijuana?

Lol yup.

Possibly catch up by investors looking at other locations? I haven't bothered investigating that data.

I wonder if sum can keep increasing underlying earnings throughout these next few years?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Aarrgghh View Post
    More importantly, what the hell is going on in Gisborne? up 54%? Whole region going long on the legalisation of Marijuana?
    I read a recent article on ASX listed NZ company, STG Straker Translations, who moved their whole business from Auckland to Gisborne.
    Perhaps that is part of the reason.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aarrgghh View Post
    It is quite a small market, so more susceptible to outliers. REINZ median price for Gisborne shows a big spike in May $358k (April) to $440k. Looks like an anomaly. Trademe property analysis (asking prices, big volume) to 30 April shows Gisborne up 20.4% yoy, so yes some big rises.

Median average should just about get rid of the outliers. Mean average includes outliers.

In case you didn’t see it on the Oceania thread

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/pro...ext-four-years

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    In case you didn’t see it on the Oceania thread

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/pro...ext-four-years

No worries
    Conflicting comments under picture suggests a good time to WAIT/WATCH market. Brokers appear underweight on retirement - property stocks but either way .......... No worries

Quote "An ASB survey shows New Zealanders have low expectations of property prices."

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Conflicting comments under picture suggests a good time to WAIT/WATCH market. Brokers appear underweight on retirement - property stocks but either way .......... No worries

Quote "An ASB survey shows New Zealanders have low expectations of property prices."
    Not sure about any conflict there..depends how you read it... "An ASB survey shows New Zealanders have low expectations of property prices [remaining stagnant]".

But I would think 20% over 4 years ... or more to the point 18.3% which is stated in the article is definitely not 'soaring' as the headline states, but rather a bit under the historical norm.

5.8% per annum compounding equals 18.3% over 4 years.'

NZ's historical average annual increase in housing looks to be higher than 5.8% per annum....

Attachment 10615

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Vaygor1;763074]Not sure about any conflict there..depends how you read it... "An ASB survey shows New Zealanders have low expectations of property prices [remaining stagnant]".

But I would think 20% over 4 years ... or more to the point 18.3% which is stated in the article is definitely not 'soaring' as the headline states, but rather a bit under the historical norm.

5.8% per annum compounding equals 18.3% over 4 years.'

Try doing the maths again