sharetrader
Page 780 of 970 FirstFirst ... 280680730770776777778779780781782783784790830880 ... LastLast
Results 7,791 to 7,800 of 9698

Looks like Fisher funds using the current SP weakness to accumulate: They increased their holding by nearly 2.5 million shares over the last 4 weeks! Clever ...

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...318/299578.pdf
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Looks like Fisher funds using the current SP weakness to accumulate: They increased their holding by nearly 2.5 million shares over the last 4 weeks! Clever ...

Trying to make up for lost ground as April not good for them -

A drag on performance was retirement village provider Summerset (-15%) after releasing a weak quarterly new sales figure, citing that increased settlement times in the residential property market are impacting settlement of its units. Following our recent site visit in March, we nonetheless believe that the company remains well positioned despite this short-term market-related weakness.

It looks like fisher also bought more Ryman as well ....and even more XRO
    Last edited by winner69; 09-05-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    More good news. The chronic Nurses shortage has finally been recognised by this Government without even the need for a 2 year long working party study lol
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU190...-on-nurses.htm
    That’s good. Why was the shortage allowed to grow for so long?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That’s good. Why was the shortage allowed to grow for so long?
    Ask the Govt that question and I'm sure they will come up with some well spun political answer for you..

Banned

What is clever about holding a company in their portfolio while it falls from 800c to 550c? So they were averaging down in the past few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    What is clever about holding a company in their portfolio while it falls from 800c to 550c? So they were averaging down in the past few weeks?
    Clever is to use the current weakness to increase their holding. But - by the way - they only returned to substantial shareholder status in April 2019. I don't know, how many (if any) they did hold on the way down, given that they sold some end of Feb 2018 (after an upspike) and dropped at that stage below 5% - but if they did, it was a smaller parcel.

I guess one thing we need to understand as well is that the investment rules for big investors look a bit different. Assume you think a share has peaked, than as a small investor you might run for the exit. As a big investor you are already too late because any sale of a big parcel would just crash the market.

Big funds need to think a bit more long term unless they want to create havoc on the markets.

But anyway - I do have my Kiwisaver account with Fisher funds and am quite pleased about their information as well as performance. Good company.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 10-05-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Clever is to use the current weakness to increase their holding. But - by the way - they only returned to substantial shareholder status in April 2019. I don't know, how many (if any) they did hold on the way down, given that they sold some end of Feb 2018 (after an upspike) and dropped at that stage below 5% - but if they did, it was a smaller parcel.

I guess one thing we need to understand as well is that the investment rules for big investors look a bit different. Assume you think a share has peaked, than as a small investor you might run for the exit. As a big investor you are already too late because any sale of a big parcel would just crash the market.

Big funds need to think a bit more long term unless they want to create havoc on the markets.

But anyway - I do have my Kiwisaver account with Fisher funds and am quite pleased about their information as well as performance. Good company.
    SUM generally about 5% to 6% of that Fishers portfolio (a bit less than Ryman) which shows some conviction

Buys and sells over time probably because of investing new money and rebalancing portfolio activities.....that’s the clever bit
    Last edited by winner69; 10-05-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Ask the Govt that question and I'm sure they will come up with some well spun political answer for you..
    You mean the previous National Government that sat on its hands for so long? At least Notaxcinda has tried to face up to the issues, despite parliamentary numbers, in several areas that were left in the too hard basket.

Guru

Slipping back down to my previous buy order price...
    Hard to believe the share price was higher September 9 2016 - that is ages ago they say.

Now trading at just 46.7% of RYM's share price.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine