sharetrader
Page 549 of 970 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Would someone please ring a bell when we get back to discussing Summerset?

ding dong

no real worries really - share price still in that long term upward channel

and still building and selling things ...all honky dory
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Some words of wisdom from Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Specially made for the log paranoid cat with a paper bag over his head...I hope you appeciate my time and effort I put into this, my feline friend.. (40 minutes to produce and post)....
    Bartender: You really think the world's gonna end?
    Ford: Yes.
    Bartender: Shouldn't we lie down? Put paper bags over our heads or something?
    Ford: If you like.
    Bartender: Would it help?
    Ford: Not at all.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 02-09-2017 at 05:39 PM. Reason: carriage return thief struck again
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Bartender: You really think the world's gonna end?
    Ford: Yes.
    Bartender: Shouldn't we lie down? Put paper bags over our heads or something?
    Ford: If you like.
    Bartender: Would it help?
    Ford: Not at all.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Every scenario even the very bad ones helps someone in the world....Bad scenarios seem to help Warren Buffett... Perhaps Ford was a paper bag salesman

Thanks for the info earlier Hoop - I've found the books If a bartender put a bag on their head I'd drink all the Patron - so it would be helpful...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    Thanks for the info earlier Hoop - I've found the books If a bartender put a bag on their head I'd drink all the Patron - so it would be helpful...
    Great....enjoy the reading..
    It seems SUM is disappointing everyone again today closing at $5.01 -10c, -1.96% ..its now fallen back to its major support around the $4.95 - 5.00 area

Dilettante

Great....enjoy the reading..
    It seems SUM is disappointing everyone again today closing at $5.01 -10c, -1.96% ..its now fallen back to its major support around the $4.95 - 5.00 area
    Not disappointing me. I've had small buys at $4.90-$4.95 for a few weeks and am happy they've all been filled :-)
    Last edited by iceman; 08-09-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not disappointing me. I've had buy small buys at $4.90-$4.95 for a few weeks and am happy they've all been filled :-)
    Well done mate, nice timing ! Happy to do a Couta around that level if I get the opportunity.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Timings:...Rule of Thumb..Buy near support not near resistance..so on the face of it with SUM at its major support it should be a buy/accumulation**..

Concerns:
    Good news first: This 5.00 major support has conjunctions EMA50 EMA100 not far below the secondary up trend line (latest rally line). Also at this support area is the S&R Line..so in chart theory this 5.00 is very strong and SUM is the quality company we all think it is then that support should hold and provide a good chance buy entry/accumulation..Many FAer's using basic charts will see this as a good entry point and I suspect that demand "should" see a bounce up off todays opening of $5.01...
    Not so good news: SUM has performed poorly for a year now and could be in a downtrend (not yet fully confirmed) which should be a buy in/accumulation deterrent. SUM has a symmetrical triangle pattern in play ..**Therefore prudent buy in action should be at the triangle break out rather than the rule of thumb "buy at support".. Concern:Why the investors trading behaviour allow a symmetrical triangle pattern to form in the first place is a question needing an answer..This triangle is neither bullish or bearish, it's a neutral pattern with breakouts either side at 50%..but I suspect the upside breakout to be more favoured in SUM's triangle due to the support conjunction..

The disappointing things :

1...Shorter term..After the 15% price correction (May - June) this growth company's July -August rally should have kicked on to create a higher high (>5.50) but it failed at 5.21..The good news This rally is not over yet (rally's uptrend line isn't broken [5.00])..Investors bought in during March /April 2017 are underwater by about -4%..while the NZ bull market went up +8%...
    2...Longer term ...Investors who bought in September October 2016 are still underwater (-10%)...NZ equities being in a bull market (up 7% Oct16 -Sept17).

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not disappointing me. I've had small buys at $4.90-$4.95 for a few weeks and am happy they've all been filled :-)
    Iceman..This may not be a disappointment to you but is to how I see it ... as the Market suggests these SUM investors that timed it wrong have missed out on a years worth of rather large opportunistic gain within a very favourable marketplace..

Simply put...SUM is not performing within its Bull market environment...and so it's investors are missing out on the Bull Market which won't last forever...The old saying "Make Hay while the sun shines"..

Could be Worse?:..Yes RYM investors entered during May 2014 using buy and Hold strategy are +3% better off while the NZ bull market has risen +50%
    Last edited by Hoop; 08-09-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Guru

Since I've posted above SUM has fallen -3c to 4.98..one support (EMA50) in the conjunction has fallen...Rally (confirmed)trend line being tested
    Last edited by Hoop; 08-09-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Dilettante

Timings:...Rule of Thumb..Buy near support not near resistance..so on the face of it with SUM at its major support it should be a buy/accumulation**..

Concerns:
    Good news first: This 5.00 major support has conjunctions EMA50 EMA100 not far below the secondary up trend line (latest rally line). Also at this support area is the S&R Line..so in chart theory this 5.00 is very strong and SUM is the quality company we all think it is then that support should hold and provide a good chance buy entry/accumulation..Many FAer's using basic charts will see this as a good entry point and I suspect that demand "should" see a bounce up off todays opening of $5.01...
    Not so good news: SUM has performed poorly for a year now and could be in a downtrend (not yet fully confirmed) which should be a buy in/accumulation deterrent. SUM has a symmetrical triangle pattern in play ..**Therefore prudent buy in action should be at the triangle break out rather than the rule of thumb "buy at support".. Concern:Why the investors trading behaviour allow a symmetrical triangle pattern to form in the first place is a question needing an answer..This triangle is neither bullish or bearish, it's a neutral pattern with breakouts either side at 50%..but I suspect the upside breakout to be more favoured in SUM's triangle due to the support conjunction..

The disappointing things :

1...Shorter term..After the 15% price correction (May - June) this growth company's July -August rally should have kicked on to create a higher high (>5.50) but it failed at 5.21..The good news This rally is not over yet (rally's uptrend line isn't broken [5.00])..Investors bought in during March /April 2017 are underwater by about -4%..while the NZ bull market went up +8%...
    2...Longer term ...Investors who bought in September October 2016 are still underwater (-10%)...NZ equities being in a bull market (up 7% Oct16 -Sept17).

Iceman..This may not be a disappointment to you but is to how I see it ... as the Market suggests these SUM investors that timed it wrong have missed out on a years worth of rather large opportunistic gain within a very favourable marketplace..

Simply put...SUM is not performing within its Bull market environment...and so it's investors are missing out on the Bull Market which won't last forever...The old saying "Make Hay while the sun shines"..

Could be Worse?:..Yes RYM investors entered during May 2014 using buy and Hold strategy are +3% better off while the NZ bull market has risen +50%
    Thanks Hoop. Your analysis appreciated as always