sharetrader
Page 798 of 970 FirstFirst ... 298698748788794795796797798799800801802808848898 ... LastLast
Results 7,971 to 7,980 of 9698
    The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes that is a sad loss. It is a really concerning issue that posters here enter discussions and debates in good faith and often lead to a very interesting sharing of often very different ideas and approaches. To then delete all posts from posters, often written over several years, whether they do it themselves or STMOD does it, undermines the whole exercise of having a forum like this. Sadly we have seen a few of these situation in the last 2-3 years.
    I will miss the Beagle, but also acknowledge the ref did need to give him the yellow card on occasions, but a permanent red, whoever decided that (I fully acknowledge it may have been Beagle himself), seems over the top.
    Totally agree Iceman, however, I see he is quite active on the other forum.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Well summed up Iceman, completely agree. While I did get tired of the repetition at times when he got a Bee in his Bonnet over something, (e,g, Heartland) and I didn't always agree with his perspective, he certainly contributed a lot to the forum.
    A real shame he is no longer part of it.
    Fully agree.
    This goes against important principles of open justice and free speech

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Well summed up Iceman, completely agree. While I did get tired of the repetition at times when he got a Bee in his Bonnet over something, (e,g, Heartland) and I didn't always agree with his perspective, he certainly contributed a lot to the forum.
    A real shame he is no longer part of it.
    I agree. A big loss to the forum, not only for his contributions but also for the discussion he "provoked" from other contributors. We are the poorer for losing that.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes that is a sad loss. It is a really concerning issue that posters here enter discussions and debates in good faith and often lead to a very interesting sharing of often very different ideas and approaches. To then delete all posts from posters, often written over several years, whether they do it themselves or STMOD does it, undermines the whole exercise of having a forum like this. Sadly we have seen a few of these situation in the last 2-3 years.
    I will miss the Beagle, but also acknowledge the ref did need to give him the yellow card on occasions, but a permanent red, whoever decided that (I fully acknowledge it may have been Beagle himself), seems over the top.
    Well said Iceman. I believe this happens in many forums of a wide range of topics. I used to participate in motorcycle forums back in my country and man the topics will branch out infinitely. However what I see very common among people is the need to be right and this will turn into a passionate debate leaving people walking on the edges.

I personally I'm here to learn as I understand investing as a very long term learning, even if I can improve a lot my knowledge I wouldn't strongly hold my thoughts but this is only me.

At the end of the day we all have good and not so good qualities.

beagle gone? that bad i enjoyed seeing him get upset when someone didnt agree with him lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    . However what I see very common among people is the need to be right and this will turn into a passionate debate leaving people walking on the edges.
    It also seems common among some people (and certainly some posters here) to shut debate down and get people banned if they cant "win" a discussion.

I agree - we are all here to learn - but sometimes we don't like the lessons on offer. Thats no reason to hound a person off the boards.

We should be open to all views and learn to use our own filters. Banning (and the deletion of all posts) is a very very sad state of affairs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Totally agree Iceman, however, I see he is quite active on the other forum.
    I didn't know there was another NZ forun for share investors. How do I find it please?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    I didn't know there was another NZ forun for share investors. How do I find it please?
    If you dream of having a fat portfolio you'll be on the right track

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    It also seems common among some people (and certainly some posters here) to shut debate down and get people banned if they cant "win" a discussion.

I agree - we are all here to learn - but sometimes we don't like the lessons on offer. Thats no reason to hound a person off the boards.

We should be open to all views and learn to use our own filters. Banning (and the deletion of all posts) is a very very sad state of affairs.
    I agree. It is great to have discussion with posters with differing opinions and who look at issues from different angles and perspectives. The forum will be the poorer from his disappearance to the Sharetrader Salt Mines.

Advanced Member

To be fair, Beagles posts prior to being banned haven't been deleted as has been suggested here (unless they have been reinstated).

Whatever happened is unfortunate & will miss his contributions to the forum.