sharetrader
Page 603 of 970 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613653703 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 9700

SUM share price held up pretty well last week

That 550/555 mgark acting as support at the moment

Still trending up on my cool linear regresion channel chart and the price is currently slightly above the regression line.

for geeks it has recently been recalculated and only reduced the slope ever so lightly .....still about 24% pa share price growth over 5 years or so
    Last edited by winner69; 11-02-2018 at 11:59 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Still trending up on my cool linear regresion channel chart and the price is currently slightly above the regression line.

for geeks it has recently been recalculated and only reduced the slope ever so lightly .....still about 24% pa share price growth over 5 years or so
    Still see it as amazing value right now, given the overvalued market and this one just sneaking under the radar a little bit until now obviously.

Membaa

The Nov to date rise has been on net declining volume, usually a good warning sign albeit went on for over three months so not reliable by itself.

That said the attempted and now failed double top breakout couldn't have happened at a worse time with the NZX faltering on US sharemarket jitters, but that said it has held up very well - this week at least, just a brief 'warning' on the trusty weekly chart then reverted and closed above. So no worries eh. Unless the whole shebang gets another walloping, SUM should be fine. He says optimistically.

Cue the cheerleaders, SUM might need it. It has nothing to do with fundamentals if the overall sentiment is to take money off the table as all boats go down on a falling tide. Eyes on, the classic decision of 'should I hold a good long-term fundamental that pays dividends' vs 'should I reduce my capital exposure' seems to be imminent.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 11-02-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The Nov to date rise has been on net declining volume, usually a good warning sign albeit went on for over two months so not reliable by itself.

That said the attempted and now failed double top breakout couldn't have happened at a worse time with the NZX faltering on US sharemarket jitters, but that said it has held up very well - this week at least, just a brief 'warning' on the trusty weekly chart then reverted and closed above. So no worries eh. Unless the whole shebang gets another walloping, SUM should be fine. He says optimistically.

Cue the cheerleaders, SUM might need it. It has nothing to do with fundamentals if the overall sentiment is to take money off the table as all boats go down on a falling tide. Eyes on, the classic decision of 'should I hold a good long-term fundamental that pays dividends' vs 'should I reduce my capital exposure' seems to be imminent.
    Couldn’t agree more baa_baa

For me 510 becomes crunch time should it get down there again (even though 465 is the bottom channel line but circumstances have changed so need to be a bit more careful eh)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Couldn’t agree more baa_baa

For me 510 becomes crunch time should it get down there again (even though 465 is the bottom channel line but circumstances have changed so need to be a bit more careful eh)
    Couldn’t agree more winner. Actually I have less leeway, my exit is a weekly close below 5.36. I'd buy back if I was wrong, but that's the current target.

SUM has been range trading (going sideways) for a over a year and half, with a few 'ok ish' trades in between, despite the numerous positive FA posts here, and notwithstanding dividends I reckon the wider 'market' doesn't yet understand the capital upside opportunity or the reliable earnings, or even respect the long term tailwinds and inherent fundamentals.

The market imho has also mostly forgotten about what a serious rout is and how it affects every share price. It might not happen, but it could and buy and hold is pure folly with a half decade or whole decade to recover capital, stuff that!

In a decent downdraft all of those 'fundamental' reasons could take a back seat and therefore a lot longer to embed into the psych. I just don't give away capital easily and am happy to forego the occasional dividend, sell a few or all on various levels of weakness, and buy back some or all later if the market gives me the opportunity.

Cheers
    BAA

Advanced Member

Nice little climb today. Must be doom and gloom tomorrow......... or not

Advanced Member

What are people’s value of Summerset as in today’s value with the information the company has provided? 4 traders put a value average of $5.60 roughly. I would agree with this, but I would like to hear what others (sharetrader members) value it at.

SUM reports its annual results on Friday. I think most would want to see that result before making a further valuation call at this stage but for those who want to take a position before then my assessment of this company is that's its very good value on a fundamental basis and has a well proven track record of strong growth. I hold and am looking at adding more subject to the annual result and any outlook commentary.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-02-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

The result would have to be a shocker for me to alter my opinion.
    Great business,well directed and managed, in a sector with huge tailwinds.

Banned

What's it worth? well that's easy peasy, roughly half the value of Ryman. PS-The Couta ratio can be trusted, never failed me yet. PPS-At $1, I reckon OCA the best buy in the sector currently.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-02-2018 at 03:23 PM.