sharetrader
Page 555 of 970 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 9700
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Diversity is to be welcomed

Hoop.

With regard to this post of yours which crashes my browser if I try and quote & reply to it.

One of the great things about making a real time call on the market price and the future movement thereof is that the market will then do it's own thing and sometimes lets us look like geniuses and sometimes it makes us look like complete idiots.

If you want to dig back a year or more and cherry pick an occasion when you were the genius and others who have a different methodology, in your eyes were not, well that is up to you.

That near 5 year uptrend looks good to me, even on a log chart.

As for those who bought at the 'wrong time', whether they actually think it was a wrong decision, if so what they did about it and what they learnt from it is entirely up to them.

BTW your two links to two particular pages are only good if we have the same posts per page and direction set as you.
    What you see depends upon your view point.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 14-09-2017 at 03:44 PM. Reason: a little copy editing
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Taxcinda's back flip on timing of implementation of taxes looks like a desperate measure to me. Exactly what she WILL actually do when in power is quite frankly anyone's guess. Will there be another back-flip ? In any event it looks like on the balance of probability that its clear sailing ahead for the retirement sector for the foreseeable future and with another nice land acquisition today SUM companies look extremely well positioned.
    Good to see SUM bounce nicely off its 100 day and 180 day MA, a technical analysis FACT that for some strange reason the TA experts on here are reluctant to acknowledge, go figure ? Add in the deep fundamental value here and I think its clear patient shareholders will be well rewarded.
    Continues to be my #1 investment position.
    It is also my #1 holding, but unlike you I prefer to see the SP fall.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Taxcinda's back flip on timing of implementation of taxes looks like a desperate measure to me. Exactly what she WILL actually do when in power is quite frankly anyone's guess. Will there be another back-flip ? In any event it looks like on the balance of probability that its clear sailing ahead for the retirement sector for the foreseeable future and with another nice land acquisition today SUM companies look extremely well positioned.
    Good to see SUM bounce nicely off its 100 day and 180 day MA, a technical analysis FACT that for some strange reason the TA experts on here are reluctant to acknowledge, go figure ? Add in the deep fundamental value here and I think its clear patient shareholders will be well rewarded.
    Continues to be my #1 investment position.
    Rogertaxtaxi; are you ducking great steaming piles of lies and deceit and fear mongering?. Well stop doing the same ;it will come back on you like sweet violets(tui).You don't have to be dirty like national or lower the bar and stand on it too. Shame.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Hoop.

With regard to this post of yours which crashes my browser if I try and quote & reply to it.

One of the great things about making a real time call on the market price and the future movement thereof is that the market will then do it's own thing and sometimes lets us look like geniuses and sometimes it makes us look like complete idiots.

If you want to dig back a year or more and cherry pick an occasion when you were the genius and others who have a different methodology, in your eyes were not, well that is up to you.

That near 5 year uptrend looks good to me, even on a log chart.

As for those who bought at the 'wrong time', whether they actually think it was a wrong decision, if so what they did about it and what they learnt from it is entirely up to them.

BTW your two links to two particular pages are only good if we have the same posts per page and direction set as you.
    What you see depends upon your view point.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    A rather caustic post PT..I'm disappointed...

Beagle post..."..Good to see SUM bounce nicely off its 100 day and 180 day MA, a technical analysis FACT that for some strange reason the TA experts on here are reluctant to acknowledge, go figure ?..." TA is only the messenger or barometer..I don't know why SUM is misbehaving TA-wise for so long either Beagle....I too personally think SUM is a great company (on my watchlist) and I have no doubt I will be a future shareholder..Good TA news today SUM did fire the odd buy signal..and as you said it has bounced of mass supports (a good sign)..maybe this is the start/catch up of returning to higher highs (resumed up trend)...I hope so for the many shareholders...

Anyway this is my last post here for a while maybe longer..I have very limited time in my life and I'm always super busy...Some of my posts take up to an hour to prepare.. Donating time to ST is my choice in trying to help investors..nothing more (contrary to PT's comments) ..It's time to donate some of that time back to me..

Bye for now

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Rogertaxtaxi; are you ducking great steaming piles of lies and deceit and fear mongering?. Well stop doing the same ;it will come back on you like sweet violets(tui).You don't have to be dirty like national or lower the bar and stand on it too. Shame.
    Whatever you're drinking, smoking or taking, I don't want any of it.

Give up with the political interjections Josh, it's damaging only to your reputation, and not at all to the informed and generous posters sharing their views on all of these threads, regardless of whether anyone agrees with them or not.

Plot lost? Get a grip.

IMO

Sorry but i get tired of the same old fear mongering national party line stuff. keep politics off the company threads imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Sorry but i get tired of the same old fear mongering national party line stuff. keep politics off the company threads imo.
    Depends on the context. I guess the recent play of the Left showed clearly that the Left is quite capable of creating havoc on our stock markets - they did it last time by slashing the SP of gentailers with their stupid ideas and they did it this time by suppressing the SP of age care providers. This political posturing hits however not so the "evil rich" (everybody with more than average income), but it damages everybody with a Kiwisaver account.

It was the uncertainty about tax changes created by Labour which suppressed the SUM share price. Just imagine what would happen if these gals ever get into government?

A highly relevant discussion for the SUM thread I would think.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-09-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Julian was on radio this morning

Building things in Auckland (capacity) a bit challenging but they coping well and 450 new nuts this year seems a given ........and te perceived property market collapse having no impact

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

From the Herald Business today.

Jacinda effect?
    The share prices of all the major listed retirement village companies have tailed off in recent weeks.

Since late August, market leader Ryman has fallen by 38c from $9.48.

The real estate market has a direct impact on how these companies fare, so weakening house prices may be making their presence felt. It's also possible that they could be reacting to the Labour Party's improved - albeit brief - showing in the opinion polls, thanks to Jacinda Ardern's elevation to the top job.

Shane Solly, portfolio manager and research analyst at Harbour Asset Management, says retirement village operator Arvida's plan to raise $77 million in a discounted rights issue to help pay for three new villages could be acting to divert interest from the others, hence the weakness in their share prices.

In the big picture, Solly says the outlook for the sector remained favourable.

"The structural trend, the demographic of a massive wave of baby boomers hitting their mid seventies, will happen regardless of policy change or a slowdown in the residential property market."

Advanced Member

I know one thing about how increase the share price that has nothing to do with politics. I just need to sell my shares.... the power I have got!!!