sharetrader
Page 791 of 970 FirstFirst ... 291691741781787788789790791792793794795801841891 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,910 of 9699
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    After the RYM report yesterday and attending the SUM meeting recently, I am very satisfied the industry is trucking along just fine. The value offered with the current sp of ARV ,OCA and particularly SUM at 5.50 is a gift. In 3 to five years when all of these threads have been long forgotten the rewards for us that still hold will be very solid.
    I look forward to ARVs result next Tuesday. Fully expecting a solid result and more indifference from the market.
    My wife and I have worked in RYM/SUM and OCA facilities and all 3 will do well long term, she said to me the other night she would choose RYM as first choice to retire to. They simply offer more to their residents than the other 2 as an overall package which includes what's offered and the overriding Philosophy coming from head office, they lead in innovation and it has to be good enough for mum shines through with the highest number of villages having 4 yr certs in the industry. From a pure care point of view including care suites OCA is on a par with RYM, SUM has a unique spin on their dementia care and staff packages but what's happening on the floor? PS-You might be interested to know that both RYM and SUM use the same Audit agency whereas OCA uses a much tougher agency so you cant directly compare the latter with the former on that front. Disc-Only hold OCA currently.
    Last edited by couta1; 26-05-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My wife and I have worked in RYM/SUM and OCA facilities and all 3 will do well long term, she said to me the other night she would choose RYM as first choice to retire to. They simply offer more to their residents than the other 2 as an overall package which includes what's offered and the overriding Philosophy coming from head office, they lead in innovation and it has to be good enough for mum shines through with the highest number of villages having 4 yr certs in the industry. From a pure care point of view including care suites OCA is on a par with RYM, SUM has a unique spin on their dementia care and staff packages but what's happening on the floor? PS-You might be interested to know that both RYM and SUM use the same Audit agency whereas OCA uses a much tougher agency so you cant directly compare the latter with the former on that front. Disc-Only hold OCA currently.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Couts

That leading in innovation (as part of company culture) is probably what drives their market leading position.

Others might copy and catch up but Ryman keeps innovating and stays ahead

That leadership has a relatively high intangible value
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I believe ARV is 2nd highest with number of villages with 4yr certs in the industry, I've always said RYM is the gold standard in this area, but 2nd place is often forgotten (ARV), yet others further behind 2nd place always seem to have alot of hype around them
    Mainly OCA

Advanced Member

Thanks for those insights Couta, much appreciated.

Has anyone else noticed RYM def seems to have the best marketing by a country mile, but interestingly whereas RYM & SUM's marketing seems targeted directly at it's potential senior customers, OCA's latest TV ad seems to be pitched at adult children with aged parents. It's a different approach, who's the target market, who's the decision maker, is it the seniors themselves, or the adult kids worried about their aged parents?
    Though it's expensively produced, personally I can't see too many seniors finding the OCA ad very inspiring, it's a bit of patronising isn't it? Probably formulated by some young 30 something creative, reinforcing rather thoughtless stereotypes about older people having little left to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Maybe you're still shaking off that 'value trader' instinct (the force is strong), pissed at the market for undervaluing your long termer and making you feel bad for having bought in at a bit higher SP? It just doesn't matter what the SP is if you're not going to sell. I have a few underwater if that's any consolation, but also some divis to soften the blow.

If I'm not mistaken this is in your 'forever hold for income portfolio' at a tidy yield? If you want to give yourself a pick-me-up, buy a few more at these depressed prices, it brings down your average SP (obviously), but boosts your net yield and makes you feel good about contrarian value buying against market sentiment. I'm going to get some next week, and the week after that and do a Vaygor on it if I have to. OCA too as it happens.

I also try not to look at or worry about the daily share prices of these shares, they mess with your mind. Maybe a weekly chart or better still a Monthly, but even then that is measuring something that isn't important anymore, the SP, when you're probably already measuring what is important, i.e. how well your earner is earning.

Have held for many years so no issues with being underwater and I am just going to continue to take a dogged approach to holding. Might pick up SUM more in due course. A big part of me really wants to see them back to $5 so I can really open my shoulders and do a Couta1
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-05-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Thanks couta1. Your thoughts and industry knowledge are much appreciated.

Handsome Member

Aah I thought u held a heap of RYM after coming up with Couta theory...

Caption this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^^ Go on, give me a hug and SUM love
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

One day all this will be yours........ at $5ps