sharetrader
Page 537 of 567 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 8497
  1. #8041
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    both declining new sales
    think there share prices were tracking each other ( down and highly correlated from sept last yr) until sums agm commentary in april which caused the big drop.
    The big drop happened on the 4th of April and the AGM was at the end of April.

  2. #8042
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    The big drop happened on the 4th of April and the AGM was at the end of April.
    Yes, Thurs 4 April there was a massive drop, well in advance of the AGM commentary. Any ideas what caused this? What are we supposed to read into this?

  3. #8043
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Yes, Thurs 4 April there was a massive drop, well in advance of the AGM commentary. Any ideas what caused this? What are we supposed to read into this?
    Shocking Q1 sales report
    Last edited by winner69; 10-07-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  4. #8044
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Shocking Q1 sales report
    yes not good , whats worse is the dreaded death cross on the hrly charts combined with the steady down trend doesnt look good at the moment.
    bull

  5. #8045
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Shocking Q1 sales report
    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yes not good , whats worse is the dreaded death cross on the hrly charts combined with the steady down trend doesnt look good at the moment.
    Quite amusing ... winner was commenting on a historic SP phenomena after Q1/2018.

    But anyway - what cross of death? SP went 3 cents up today ... are you using shorter and down ramper terminology?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  6. #8046
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Yeah - had me puzzled for a moment or two

  7. #8047
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Quite amusing ... winner was commenting on a historic SP phenomena after Q1/2018.

    But anyway - what cross of death? SP went 3 cents up today ... are you using shorter and down ramper terminology?
    you need to brush up on your T/A

    What is a Death Cross?

    The death cross is a technical chart pattern indicating the potential for a major selloff. The death cross appears on a chart when a stock’s short-term moving average crosses below its long-term moving average
    bull

  8. #8048
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    you need to brush up on your T/A

    What is a Death Cross?

    The death cross is a technical chart pattern indicating the potential for a major selloff. The death cross appears on a chart when a stock’s short-term moving average crosses below its long-term moving average
    Amazing ... Thank You Master! I feel blessed with the bulls wisdom ... even if most analysts agree that the Cross of death is a lagging indicator - i.e. when you see it confirms that you are too late);

    It is just - you clearly can't talk about he usually used MA50 and MA200 - i.e. what moving averages have you seen crossing today?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  9. #8049
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Amazing ... Thank You Master! I feel blessed with the bulls wisdom ... even if most analysts agree that the Cross of death is a lagging indicator - i.e. when you see it confirms that you are too late);

    It is just - you clearly can't talk about he usually used MA50 and MA200 - i.e. what moving averages have you seen crossing today?
    Im glad you recognised Master Bull.... but on a more serious note MA50 AND MA200 why do they have to be these? A death cross can be any multiple you like.
    I prefer backtesting to see historically which multiples have performed best to work out the multiples I use for my dreaded death cross.
    bull

  10. #8050
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Im glad you recognised Master Bull.... but on a more serious note MA50 AND MA200 why do they have to be these? A death cross can be any multiple you like.
    I prefer backtesting to see historically which multiples have performed best to work out the multiples I use for my dreaded death cross.
    They don't have to. It is just one of these conventions. Makes communication with others easier if both sides use the same definition.

    OK - So you say you call a crossing of other MA's then everybody else the cross of death. Makes life more complicated, but fine with me.

    However - you still didn't reveal which MA's supposedly did cross today in this sinister way? I don't know - and it appears you don't either ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  11. #8051
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    They don't have to. It is just one of these conventions. Makes communication with others easier if both sides use the same definition.

    OK - So you say you call a crossing of other MA's then everybody else the cross of death. Makes life more complicated, but fine with me.

    However - you still didn't reveal which MA's supposedly did cross today in this sinister way? I don't know - and it appears you don't either ...
    I see it BP on this 5 day chart
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 10-07-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  12. #8052
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Interesting amount of single digit low number trades today and at 5pm SP boots to 5.70 ? ..........

  13. #8053
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Oh boy... Habour Asset Management buying SUM... I'd usually take an asset management firm buying up shares in xyz listed company as a good sign... but then you realise these guys are the ones who made a joke of themselves valuing their 7.32% stake in CBL Insurance at 28 cents a share (when we all knew it was worth nothing), but more worrying still is that they are the biggest holder of PEB with a whopping 16.47% stake (as at 31 March 2019)... both of these are fairly recent... and today these guys are disclosed buying more SUM........ given Harbour's very questionable recent track record (and its all about track records, as we know only to well on this form) I would think it is hard to get excited about them continuing to sink money into SUM.
    Then again forsyth (the ones who like ARV) think SUM is pretty okay as well
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 19-07-2019 at 03:31 PM.

  14. #8054
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Oh boy... Habour Asset Management buying SUM... I'd usually take an asset management firm buying up shares in xyz listed company as a good sign... but then you realise these guys are the ones who made a joke of themselves valuing their 7.32% stake in CBL Insurance at 28 cents a share (when we all knew it was worth nothing), but more worrying still is that they are the biggest holder of PEB with a whopping 16.47% stake (as at 31 March 2019)... both of these are fairly recent... and today these guys are disclosed buying more SUM........ given Harbour's very questionable recent track record (and its all about track records, as we know only to well on this form) I would think it is hard to get excited about them continuing to sink money into SUM.
    Then again forsyth (the ones who like ARV) think SUM is pretty okay as well
    Harbour have plenty of A2
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  15. #8055
    The past is practise. Vaygor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    919

    Default Black/Golden Crosses July 2019 to-date

    Wow. What a month!.. and it isn't even up yet.

    Using my 1 hour MA and 1.25 day MA, there has been 16 Black Crosses and 15 Golden Crosses this month

    We sure live in volatile times.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •