sharetrader
Page 565 of 970 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 9699

a day in the life of a retirement home tenant

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11934562

not a summerset village
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    a day in the life of a retirement home tenant

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11934562

not a summerset village
    Well, this is an outstanding example why people should go with one of the larger retirement home providers instead rather than picking a private investor with his private agenda running the show.

Good retirement homes like SUM are trying to solve the problems of their residents instead of abusing them!

But maybe the owner just wants to find out whether the old saying "there is no such thing like bad publicity" is true? I guess I could imagine some people who I would want to live under such a landlord ... it's just not the people I like ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Not really representative of the industry, or of the attitude of those who occupy the vast bulk of the retirement home units though, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Not really representative of the industry, or of the attitude of those who occupy the vast bulk of the retirement home units though, is it?
    No idea ... however this particular provider has quite a collection of retirement villages:

https://goldenhealthcare.co.nz/lady-wigram/

But to be fair - they promise on their webpage "central location" and "easy access", nobody talks about tranquility or respect for the rights of the tenants ...

So it is probably just another case of buyer beware ...

Back to SUM ... it is good to know that there are alternatives in Christchurch for people looking for a nice and friendly rest home place:

https://www.agedadvisor.nz/search/re...m-Christchurch
    https://www.summerset.co.nz/wigram-c...t-out-village/

Interesting to note: The close by Summerset retirement village gets 5 stars on age advisor for "caring staff", while the village of the landlord in question got only 3 stars. Maybe it is not just the boss?

Mental note - check independant surveys before booking a rest home place ...
    ----

Guru

What is SUM's price to book again and debt ratios again? (particularly relative to others in the sector)

Some say those with the highest in these two departments could be in the firing line tomorrow/coming days and something tells me SUM is "leading the pack" in both (which is not a good thing for these ratios)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    What is SUM's price to book again and debt ratios again? (particularly relative to others in the sector)

Some say those with the highest in these two departments could be in the firing line tomorrow/coming days and something tells me SUM is "leading the pack" in both (which is not a good thing for these ratios)
    INA: NTA $2.50; SP $2.68; SP/NTA 1.07
    MET: NTA $5.32; SP $5.88; SP/NTA 1.11
    OCA: NTA $0.92; SP $1.04; SP/NTA 1.13
    SUM: NTA $2.86; SP $5.08; SP/NTA 1.78
    RYM: NTA $3.29; SP $9.58; SP/NTA 3.29

Hmm - according to your theory should Ryman take the brunt of the carnage, and they did lose some cents in the opening. You selling?

Obviously - short term the market might go wherever fear and greed is driving it. Long term I'd expect that fundamental values (including growth, consistency, asset quality, market size = future growth potential, service level and quality) will prevail.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    INA: NTA $2.50; SP $2.68; SP/NTA 1.07
    MET: NTA $5.32; SP $5.88; SP/NTA 1.11
    OCA: NTA $0.92; SP $1.04; SP/NTA 1.13
    SUM: NTA $2.86; SP $5.08; SP/NTA 1.78
    RYM: NTA $3.29; SP $9.58; SP/NTA 3.29

Hmm - according to your theory should Ryman take the brunt of the carnage, and they did lose some cents in the opening. You selling?

Obviously - short term the market might go wherever fear and greed is driving it. Long term I'd expect that fundamental values (including growth, consistency, asset quality, market size = future growth potential, service level and quality) will prevail.
    You left ARV off your list ...on purpose I presume?

Guru

I think ARV is about 1.2, crazy that OCA is now the cheapest at 1.06, after falling to its current 98 cents (market must be worried about immigration)
    And yes, I would have thought RYM would have been hardest hit, followed by SUM - I suppose RYM's exposure to aussie is helping it.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 20-10-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Probably for another thread ... but yes, ARV does not happen to be on my shortlist and yes, I guess there must be a reason for that .
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I think ARV is about 1.2, crazy that OCA is now the cheapest at 1.06, after falling to its current 98 cents (market must be worried about immigration)
    And yes, I would have thought RYM would have been hardest hit, followed by SUM - I suppose RYM's exposure to aussie is helping it.

I told Vaygor yesterday that RYM probably still be around $9.60 in 2019 when he reckoned $15 odd

What happens when valuations normalise.