sharetrader
Page 802 of 970 FirstFirst ... 302702752792798799800801802803804805806812852902 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,020 of 9699

yeah but I mean "SUM" share price, no more down pressure sort of trends.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    not too fast....property market moves around 7-8 years....it will plateauing....the next move will be next 5 years....

applies to all

But residents of retirement villages shifting into on-site rest home care could find themselves faced with extra charges, a report from the Commission for Financial Capability said

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mon...est-home-rooms
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    applies to all

But residents of retirement villages shifting into on-site rest home care could find themselves faced with extra charges, a report from the Commission for Financial Capability said

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mon...est-home-rooms
    Interesting, doesn't OCA often brag, I mean talk about, their PAC and how much it has increased?

PAC = Premium accommodation charge on a care bed for accommodation provided above the mandated minimum
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 01-07-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    not too fast....property market moves around 7-8 years....it will plateauing....the next move will be next 5 years....
    Over the next 5 years or after 5 years?

I keep thinking back to the population in the 1950s (globally and country specific)... versus now... and how fast technology and population growth is moving. I get a feeling there is some serious unchartered territory coming up...

Agree to that. Trends are only relevant if the underlying factors are the same.

I wonder. Given that SUM offer more focus on nice homes, and given that the property market is losing steam, if people will hold off moving until they need to. Which means more needs based requirements, not the snazzy houses SUM offer. I wonder if SUM will dwindle while cheap, care focused villages will benefit (OCA).

Or maybe they'll all perform poorly as punters don't take the upsell (where all the money is).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-...ourne/11266364

its only been two years and now it seems turning...

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Over the next 5 years or after 5 years?

I keep thinking back to the population in the 1950s (globally and country specific)... versus now... and how fast technology and population growth is moving. I get a feeling there is some serious unchartered territory coming up...

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by tuaman View Post
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-...ourne/11266364

its only been two years and now it seems turning...
    I'd wait a while before calling a "turning". These were small, one month, changes!

Advanced Member

Slowly increasing over the last two weeks. Nice to see up momentum......... I hope I have not jinxed it lol

I'm watching closely ... the MACD is positive and trending upwards, but the 30 day MA is still well below the 100 day MA.

I have also seen suggestions that the Q2 results which are due out shortly may well be disappointing, pushing the SP lower ...

I'm still sitting on the sidelines with this one. I badly mistimed this one, buying shares in the $6 and $7 range, so well under water and approaching with caution. I'm keen to average down, but not so keen that I'm going to leap in just yet.

Which may well mean I miss a golden opportunity, but there you go ...

Banned

The housing shortage and companion residential price increase has been amplified in the past few years by a high level of net immigration. Don't forget that is an aberration from the norm and we could easily return to a net emigration if the NZ economy goes down but Australia and the UK or Canada remain OK. I realise that the housing shortage has resulted from more than just the migration trend but that is the most recent underlying factor.